Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I lived in chesterfield for 26 years and have only been musky fishing for 4 years. I had to move to Florida last year but made it up for opening day (and will every year until I move back) We caught this one in front of selfridge in about 5 ft at 4.8 mph on a 8" solid believer in perch color. Any tips will be appreciated so next year we can catch maybe more, or if only one maybe a little bigger. Thanks for all the help this year guys, and GO MUSKY!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
well a muskie is a muskie is a muskie bro's so good job

As far as next yr goes....well I would be lying if I gave you any advice for next yr because it's not next yr lol. Things change and are different every yr. Although I'm not a troller I can agree with slowing down. I fished jerk baits and bucktails for the last 4 days with only small ski's to show for it. Today I throw on a tube and the FIRST CAST I get whacked by a giant. For the amount of time I used a slower moving bait the results were way better. Good luck next yr fellas I know you will rip that big one

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(schram @ Jun 12 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well a muskie is a muskie is a muskie bro's so good job

As far as next yr goes....well I would be lying if I gave you any advice for next yr because it's not next yr lol. Things change and are different every yr. Although I'm not a troller I can agree with slowing down. I fished jerk baits and bucktails for the last 4 days with only small ski's to show for it. Today I throw on a tube and the FIRST CAST I get whacked by a giant. For the amount of time I used a slower moving bait the results were way better. Good luck next yr fellas I know you will rip that big one

I was kinda thinkin that, but everything i've read said troll between 4.8 and 5.2. We slowed down in the afternoon but it was so damn windy it didn't really seem to matter. I guess all that really matters is that i'm an addict now, i got the bug even worse this year. There is nothing better than 8 hours of nothing followed by 5 minutes of absolute adrenaline!!!

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
also check and see if your gps is reading in mph or knots a knot is roughly 1.2 mph so if trolling 5 knots=6 mph so it can make a big difference

1 - 5 of 5 Posts