Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I was wondering how bad the mayflies have still been in the evening. If anybody has been out this past week during the evening, and could possibly let me know how bad they have been, I'd greatly apreciate it. Thanks alot everybody! Enjoy the lovely day ahead.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Not a bad hatch this year at all. Live off 11 mile and only had a few. I have seen yrs where they cover the street. This year was very weak. (which I don't mind at all) Maybe cold temps have something to do with it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i was out in algonac tuesday evening and only seen a few fish flies. but the skeeters were the worse i have ever seen,drove me off the river, literally swarms of them

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
not bad at all. They didn't even change the bulbs at valero this year. Usually I'm sliding through traffic lights at night and I haven't even slid once
cold summer

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Hard to say IMO. We have been blessed with a TON of West winds the past month and maybe the hatch was normal but they all blew off-shore?

I agree in that I have had very few on the house, and I as well have not slid through any intersections.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I read an article in In-Fisherman magazine regarding fish flies, and it said that the heaviest hatches occur in even number years. I live in the Chesterfield Twp. area and I don't believe we even came close to our yearly quota.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Holy cow did we have a bad hatch yesterday. They were everywhere on my house last night. The most I've seen all year. Valero was covered this morning

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
QUOTE(makowish @ Jul 10 2009, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Holy cow did we have a bad hatch yesterday. They were everywhere on my house last night. The most I've seen all year. Valero was covered this morning

Had a light East wind last night...

Had quite a few on the house this morning.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts