Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to see this movie. Including myself, a lot of us like to joke around, but i'm serious about seeing this movie. I had tickets 2 weeks ago but i gave them away and now it's sold out everywhere.
If anyone is interested, and know's what this is about, please let me know

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
myself and danimal have been waiting too.
it's wild about the long wait!!!!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I know you all will find this strange, but, I have no desire to see this movie. His last 12 hours of being tortured just puts my stomach in a knot. The sad thing is, things still haven't changed.
They are still fighting over land and religion in those Middle Eastern countries! How many years has this been going on???

Hope those of you that go enjoy it....

·
Registered
612 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Mar 12 2004, 05:35 AM)I know you all will find this strange, but, I have no desire to see this movie. His last 12 hours of being tortured just puts my stomach in a knot. The sad thing is, things still haven't changed.
They are still fighting over land and religion in those Middle Eastern countries! How many years has this been going on???

Hope those of you that go enjoy it....

I don't find it strange at all. I have no desire to see it either. Two hours of beating and nailing jesus to a cross is not my idea of entertainment. Nothing against religon but to me it belongs in church, not on the big screen.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry you guys feel that way. For me, I guess it's about remembering the love of Christ. I know not all of us are religious and I stray on a daily basis. I know this movie is pretty powerful and intense. I guess there is a part of me that wants to find my way back or at least closer to what has been the most powerful influence in my life.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Mar 12 2004, 09:00 AM)Sorry you guys feel that way. For me, I guess it's about remembering the love of Christ. I know not all of us are religious and I stray on a daily basis. I know this movie is pretty powerful and intense. I guess there is a part of me that wants to find my way back or at least closer to what has been the most powerful influence in my life.
<_<

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Geeeze, i was only asking if anyone wanted to see this movie with me. I know it's intense and i'd like to see it with someone who is able to handle and appreciate it.
Believe it or not there is another side to me besides what i post on the board.

There have been plenty of other movies that were pretty harsh yet touch you in a certain way. Saving Private Ryan comes to mind and that movie wasn't for everyone either.

I wasn't trying to start a thread of opinions, just looking for a movie companion that could handle this one.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link, i've been in school and dont always get to catch every thread. i'd still like to see it with someone, i dont want to go alone to a movie like that.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Mar 12 2004, 08:00 AM)For me, I guess it's about remembering the love of Christ. I know not all of us are religious and I stray on a daily basis. I guess there is a part of me that wants to find my way back or at least closer to what has been the most powerful influence in my life.
I know how you feel about straying Dookie. I get really angry at myself because I'm supposed to be living as a Christian and chances are most people don't even know that I am a Christian.
I definitely need to change my life around.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I have been thinking about seeing it. I'm not much into gore and violence though, so I'm still thinking about it.

As for the middle east fighting over religion, take a look in your back yard, its here too, it's everywhere and it's a mess. Religion will be the downfall of the world in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank You, i was feeling a little insecure about sharing that side of me. I'm not a trouble maker all the time

Really, thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
I saw "The Passion of the Christ" last night. It is no more violent than "Braveheart" or "Saving Private Ryan."

The movie was well done, it seemed authentic and was very powerful.

Thanks to my future husband, I am returning to a life where I include God in my everyday thoughts.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Wait till Turkey dams the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. Here's the link

Then we'll see what happens when someone puts a tap on ALL middle-eastern water. You'll think what they're battling over now it trivial.

GO Turkey GO!!!!!
WooHoo

·
Registered
612 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Mar 12 2004, 02:28 PM)I know how you feel about straying Dookie. I get really angry at myself because I'm supposed to be living as a Christian and chances are most people don't even know that I am a Christian.
I definitely need to change my life around.
Here is one of things that bothers me about religion.
Guilt. I don't think you should feel guilty about living your life like you choose. As long as you respect and don't hurt other people.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IMO, most of what I do that is, for lack of a better term 'bad' tends to hurt me and the relationships I've been in.

my ex and I both made poor choices and now were both hurt. well, I cant speak for him but I am, and that's just one aspect of my life. I actually find strength in loving God, not guilt.
I'm not trying to push this on anyone else, this is just how I feel. We are all entitled to our opinions on this board and I'll respect yours too.

·
Registered
557 Posts
QUOTE(Dookie @ Mar 12 2004, 09:23 AM)Thanks for the link, i've been in school and dont always get to catch every thread. i'd still like to see it with someone, i dont want to go alone to a movie like that.
Have you found someone to go with you yet? I'll go with you if you want. Any day except for Tuesdays and St Paddy's day

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(dancinggirl @ Mar 12 2004, 11:57 AM)QUOTE(Dookie @ Mar 12 2004, 09:23 AM) Thanks for the link, i've been in school and dont always get to catch every thread. i'd still like to see it with someone, i dont want to go alone to a movie like that.
Have you found someone to go with you yet? I'll go with you if you want. Any day except for Tuesdays and St Paddy's day

YES, now it's just a matter of getting tickets. I just looked at my calendar and thursday is most likely a 'lay in bead' day after st pattys but friday is open. i work saturdays & back to school on the 23. i have a lot of open time, just let me know what works for you

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
QUOTE(dno @ Mar 12 2004, 11:45 AM)I don't think you should feel guilty about living your life like you choose. As long as you respect and don't hurt other people.
That's great that you try to respect and don't hurt other people, but that's not what Christianity is all about. Just being nice to others is not going to get you to Heaven.
According to Christ you need to live a wholesom Godly life.
Presently I'm not following the ten commandments very well either.
We are all sinners and don't deserve the lives we have.
That's what this movie is all about. Christ paying our debt. by dying on the cross.

I feel guilty because I live a life that I know God is not happy with.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts