Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
I know, always us marine parts, but power steering pump..I have a 1994 4.3L merc ( GM ), it looks like a standard automotive power steering pump like my old '94 S-10 had, and my '71 corvette had.

Anybody know the best way to find a matching pump? I will prob take it off, and take it to Auto Zone, or maybe a junk yard, just trying to save some leg work.

Anybody ever change their power steering pump??

thx for the help from a back yard mechanic..

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
yes it will. makes sure you dont have any leaks or you'll trash the new one too. I did. same casting numbers on the body when you pull it apart you'll see i have a90 baja with 454 and picked up a rebuild sterring unit and murrays from like a 90 chevy truck for $65, sure beats the $430 list price from mercruiser.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
oh rent the pulley puller tool from someone too, Murrays has 'em. your resivoir (spellin?) will likely be differant so it's easier to swap 'em then try and figure out which one it is, there a buncha differant resivior models. so just change the pump.

·
Registered
22,946 Posts
Sounds like good advice to me.

QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Aug 24 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yes it will. makes sure you dont have any leaks or you'll trash the new one too. I did. same casting numbers on the body when you pull it apart you'll see i have a90 baja with 454 and picked up a rebuild sterring unit and murrays from like a 90 chevy truck for $65, sure beats the $430 list price from mercruiser.

QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Aug 24 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>oh rent the pulley puller tool from someone too, Murrays has 'em. your resivoir (spellin?) will likely be differant so it's easier to swap 'em then try and figure out which one it is, there a buncha differant resivior models. so just change the pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.