Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Decided to give in and try using shrimp to catch a couple channel cats. You guys were wrong about only catching cats on them, lmao. Along with the 15 or so sheepshead that came on the worms came a nice 24 incher that will get me this years sheepshead master angler badge. Water Sky Vertebrate Smile Lake
Little did i know that id be in for a bigger surprise. Yes, it hit the shrimp. 36 inches, my first gar pike, and its a master angler, lol.

Clothing Active shorts Fisherman Fish Fishing

Needless to say it was a great day. The only cat was caught by my girlfriend, a cute little 6 incher, lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
QUOTE(PelicanKayaker @ Jun 22 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Decided to give in and try using shrimp to catch a couple channel cats. You guys were wrong about only catching cats on them, lmao. Along with the 15 or so sheepshead that came on the worms came a nice 24 incher that will get me this years sheepshead master angler badge. View attachment 62892
Little did i know that id be in for a bigger surprise. Yes, it hit the shrimp. 36 inches, my first gar pike, and its a master angler, lol.

View attachment 62893

Needless to say it was a great day. The only cat was caught by my girlfriend, a cute little 6 incher, lol.
Where and how to get a master angler badge??

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
QUOTE(dawson0919 @ Jun 22 2009, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(PelicanKayaker @ Jun 22 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Decided to give in and try using shrimp to catch a couple channel cats. You guys were wrong about only catching cats on them, lmao. Along with the 15 or so sheepshead that came on the worms came a nice 24 incher that will get me this years sheepshead master angler badge. View attachment 62892

View attachment 62893

Where and how to get a master angler badge??

look in your 2009 fishing guide or visit the michigan DNR website.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what he said.

I think i may have seen mako out there too. Was that you out there at metro going north towards anchor bay area? Looked like it said makowish on the boat and i thought i saw two LSCN flags, but i wasnt sure.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Nice gar. I've always had soft spot in my heart for gar. I think they're cool.

(And well done embedding the pics, so you didn't stretch the page.
)

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Thanks. It took me 2 or 3 edits to finally get it right, lol.

Ive been interested in them ever since me and one of my bio teachers started talking about trying to get into a tagging study with them, but there just isnt money for studying a fish like that, even though they are biologically awesome. I mean come on, the freaking things can breath air and have scales like an armored tank, lol.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
There are some big sheephead in LSC, I got one yesterday. I think I would have rather caught the Gar though.
The surprise of the day was the little bluegill that hit my daughters spinner in Anchor Bay, her first gill and she's turning into a casting machine, like Mom, now that she's getting the hang of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts