Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today from 11.00 am till dark. fished with the bare minimum gear today. wanted to see how the other half works it. no shanty, no auger just bucket and poles.
theres enough holes out there you don`t need a auger. did a lot of moving around today in search of perch over 4" long. started shallow, then deep, then back into the shallow
the last hour and half. pretty quiet out here today. couple ATV`s , not as busy today as it has been. sounds like Gino's is where the fish have been, or is that what the parking lot tenant has been reporting. LOL. talk to few guys, different stories from "they were catching @ 6.30 am this morning, then it shut down after that. "
didn`t see any windmills today either. only good story was the double wide blue shanty
managed to hook into a 36" pike. The wind died down after
4.30 so I stayed till the end hoping it would turn on. did`t happen for me.
taking tomorrow off, I`ll be back on the weekend.
Note : the ice is getting soft about 50 ft from shore as it parallels the shore line, thats is to be expected all the way to the beach. foot went through to the ankle right in front of the
restrooms there just left of the launch. suggest stay on the shore when heading east or go out 100 yards first, then go left ... PS sweet sunset..

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
ive noticed you dont like quads anywhere near you, maybe not even in the same county while youre fishing. funny story; one day about 3 weeks ago, i borrowed my buddys 2-stroke blaster and cruised out to my shanty which contained my buddy. i left on my quad (4-stroke) and thought it would be funny if i showed back up and busted some doughnuts around the shammmmmy. well, i did just that. and when i stopped, he got out all pissed. but when he realized it was me, he goes "dude! i just pulled like five fatties! keep on going!" so i did...but he didnt catch anymore fish. ive found that the thing that spooks fish the most is people dragging sleds across crunchy ice. but thats just me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(billdozer @ Mar 4 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ive noticed you dint like quads anywhere near you, maybe not even in the same county while you're fishing. funny story; one day about 3 weeks ago, i borrowed my Buddy's 2-stroke blaster and cruised out to my shanty which contained my buddy. i left on my quad (4-stroke) and thought it would be funny if i showed back up and busted some doughnuts around the shammmmmy. well, i did just that. and when i stopped, he got out all pissed. but when he realized it was me, he goes "dude! i just pulled like five fatties! keep on going!" so i did...but he didn't catch anymore fish. Ive found that the thing that spooks fish the most is people dragging sleds across crunchy ice. but thats just me.

i always keep my distance, at least 100 yards i drive the shore line, and i use mine to go where the average walking angler won`t walk too.( barracks )or mile from shore whens theres a 1/2 foot of fresh snow on the ice, your rite about noise, sometimes i found it does work. just seen too many schools of fish take off when they come and pull up. sit there an idle , . all my success this year has come by staying away from the groups of shantys and being stealth. funny story i bass fish in a very nice rig, with all the electronics , 67lb trolling motor, all the bells and whistle. and in the last 20 years
i catch my biggest fish ( wall mounters ) off a paddle boat that i drift on.
hope to get into the jumbos the same way. it`s just how i fish, listen to us old timers.
that how I learned over the years.

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
alot of the fisherman would get beat down on the Canadian side..you drive on the path park you machine then walk to you holes..none of this zipping past me while im in my shanty crap..and they wounder why they do that much better over there

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(yellowbelly80 @ Mar 5 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>a lot of the fisherman would get beat down on the Canadian side..you drive on the path park you machine then walk to you holes..none of this zipping past me while I'm in my shanty crap..and they wounder why they do that much better over there

thanks , i try report to that person thats planning on driving more than hour to get here, or coming after work . or maybe working 6 days a week ( bro-law ) and there putting there family life on hold for maybe just 4 hours which they might not get a chance to do that often.
fishing is not all about catching jumbos and limiting out. its always a crap shoot. ( Does feel good to be king of the hard water that day )and i did notice that my last 3 post i was disappointed in the numbers. and took it out on the ATV`s, you know the one thats heading to there home on the canal.. guess its like SPC ( statistical process control ) learn to weed out the problems by studying the faults .. to create the perfect product.
but i also have told stories of hurting myself by miss handling a fish, and how i drop my cell phone in the water because i did not`t snap the pocket shut in top of my bibs.
I like taking pics of sunsets and sunrises. cause you don`t have to go on vacation to see those. just get out and enjoy what money can`t buy..
i just find it funny i never see some old timer doing donuts on a ATV . not that i don`t,
but not on hard water.
just be respectfully. question ? every cast at wave runner with a rapala that has 3 treble hooks on it.
makes them respectful real fast ! LOL.. they know what 100 feet means .
people that have met me know half the time am that guy that gives my catches of 5 or less to the fellow who totally frustrated from the days effort. and has to get up the next morning to punch that time clock..

·
Registered
383 Posts
QUOTE(yellownitro @ Mar 5 2010, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(yellowbelly80 @ Mar 5 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>a lot of the fisherman would get beat down on the Canadian side..you drive on the path park you machine then walk to you holes..none of this zipping past me while I'm in my shanty crap..and they wounder why they do that much better over there

thanks , i try report to that person thats planning on driving more than hour to get here, or coming after work . or maybe working 6 days a week ( bro-law ) and there putting there family life on hold for maybe just 4 hours which they might not get a chance to do that often.
fishing is not all about catching jumbos and limiting out. its always a crap shoot. ( Does feel good to be king of the hard water that day )and i did notice that my last 3 post i was disappointed in the numbers. and took it out on the ATV`s, you know the one thats heading to there home on the canal.. guess its like SPC ( statistical process control ) learn to weed out the problems by studying the faults .. to create the perfect product.
but i also have told stories of hurting myself by miss handling a fish, and how i drop my cell phone in the water because i did not`t snap the pocket shut in top of my bibs.
I like taking pics of sunsets and sunrises. cause you don`t have to go on vacation to see those. just get out and enjoy what money can`t buy..
i just find it funny i never see some old timer doing donuts on a ATV . not that i don`t,
but not on hard water.
just be respectfully. question ? every cast at wave runner with a rapala that has 3 treble hooks on it.
people that have met me know half the time am that guy that gives my catches of 5 or less to the fellow who totally frustrated from the days effort. and has to get up the next morning to punch that time clock..

was that a long, drawn out stab at me? im not sure i guess i got bored reading about sunsets. if anything though, in my reply ^^ up there, i was mostly agreeing with you. ive just been somewhat surprised at how little the quad traffic has effected my fishing this year. and i was stating that the little things like a sled or shanty sliding has been even more effective at spooking the fish than even a running machine. ive lived right here in the metro/ginos bay my whole life and have always been respectful of other guys. i cant say the same, however, about most of the a-holes that come out here. there has always been a "track" to follow out front here. if you park your a$$ on a bucket in the middle of it, sorry, but you cant get mad at me for going down the path. its always there, and i still do feel kinda bad for the people who are ignorant to the fact that theyre parked by the track, not vice-versa. i agree with you once more about getting away from the pack, especially when you have the means to travel out there. but id like to see you get there without ever coming 100' from another fisherman. it just cant happen. unfortunately, you act like its your lake and ignorance like that is painfull for me. and by the way, when i turned doughnuts around MY shanty there was NOBODY near us. and we had no trouble catching fish all day. maybe some "old-timers" should do some hot-dogging out there. inside of the track, of course. i hear its good for treating smugness. i gotta go punch my time clock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(billdozer @ Mar 5 2010, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(yellownitro @ Mar 5 2010, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(yellowbelly80 @ Mar 5 2010, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>a lot of the fisherman would get beat down on the Canadian side..you drive on the path park you machine then walk to you holes..none of this zipping past me while I'm in my shanty crap..and they wounder why they do that much better over there

but not on hard water.

was that a long, drawn out stab at me? im not sure i guess i got bored reading about sunsets. if anything though, in my reply ^^ up there, i was mostly agreeing with you. ive just been somewhat surprised at how little the quad traffic has effected my fishing this year. and i was stating that the little things like a sled or shanty sliding has been even more effective at spooking the fish than even a running machine. ive lived right here in the metro/ginos bay my whole life and have always been respectful of other guys. i cant say the same, however, about most of the a-holes that come out here. there has always been a "track" to follow out front here. if you park your a$$ on a bucket in the middle of it, sorry, but you cant get mad at me for going down the path. its always there, and i still do feel kinda bad for the people who are ignorant to the fact that theyre parked by the track, not vice-versa. i agree with you once more about getting away from the pack, especially when you have the means to travel out there. but id like to see you get there without ever coming 100' from another fisherman. it just cant happen. unfortunately, you act like its your lake and ignorance like that is painfull for me. and by the way, when i turned doughnuts around MY shanty there was NOBODY near us. and we had no trouble catching fish all day. maybe some "old-timers" should do some hot-dogging out there. inside of the track, of course. i hear its good for treating smugness. i gotta go punch my time clock.

sorry no cheap shot. i do the bull gap in mio, the denton loop in prudinville, the mud runs in
on the houghton lake trail next month . my 660 grizzley takes me where that machine is design to do real fun. oh ya am on team marvin now, my company got sold to a over seas bussiness in sweden which involves robots that replace people . and they clean us out , and put us out to pasture
now i can`t find a job that pays more than 10 to 12 bucks and hour. 32 years in the trade.
thanks america thanks nafta thanks governer gramcookie .

your lucky you have a job . ps I`ll practice my lines Welcome to walmart

1 - 8 of 8 Posts