Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone going to be hanging out at metro beach for 1 or 10 tomorrow?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ May 2 2003, 01:01 PM)weather permitting, i will be down with boat at the docks, cleaning and drinking, 1 or 10
KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR ME - I WILL BE WEARING MY BIG RED BUS ICE ADVENTURES HAT.

HAVEN'T BEEN OUT TO METRO SINCE LAST SUMMER.

MAKE AN APPREERANCE THERE TOMORROW.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
What docks are everyone going to be at? I may take a ride up there to meet some of you that I haven't met.

·
Registered
120 Posts
How does transient dockage work at Metro? Is it just a place to go for the day or can you overnight, too? Is there a harbor master to call on the VHF to get a slip assignment? What about getting in there - anyone have any recommendations on deep water approaches from the lake? Are there channel markers? I've heard the water gets real shallow outside the channel getting into Metro. Gee I am just full of questions today! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
You are correct about the water levels there. If you stay about 1/4 mile out then go straight into the channel you'll be fine.
As far as staying there, You dock wherever you want then pay the harbor master for as long as you want to stay. They have a sea wall that is cheaper than the wells.
The wells have water and electricity though.
There is no assignment. Meaning if you leave you lose your well. I know it sucks but that's the way they do it.
Still a fun place though.

·
Registered
217 Posts
check the charts... it is very shalow just sounth of the channel, the markers dont go way out where it is still shalow on the south side, the north side is a little more free after the markers but its still shalow... chart shows it all tho...
hopon

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think hammer said he'll be at the floating docks all the way in back near the launch. I'll probably head over there some time after noon. I have a 25' SeaRay called "Aberacadabra"...

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
QUOTE(TheWiz @ May 2 2003, 02:25 PM)I think hammer said he'll be at the floating docks all the way in back near the launch. I'll probably head over there some time after noon. I have a 25' SeaRay called "Aberacadabra"...
I have a 25' SeaRay called "Aberacadaloosethebra"...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Be careful going from the North Marina into the Lagoon at Metro, it's very shallow. Kicked up a lot of mud there last Sunday! Otherwise depths seem to be fine.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(The Big Red Bus Driver @ May 2 2003, 03:04 PM)Is this the dock at metro?
No, that was taken at my dock last year!!!!

Imagine pulling your boat up to that, I'd have to pinch myself to see if I died.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
I might make it... do some rollerblading, drink some beers. Looks like sunday is going to be the warmer of the two days

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Focker @ May 2 2003, 03:35 PM)I might make it... do some rollerblading, drink some beers. Looks like sunday is going to be the warmer of the two days
I'll be riding the Top Thrill Dragster Sunday!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts