Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soule invited me out on his boat today. Launched around 7:30ish maybe, and we trolled harnesses for 5 or 10 minutes before we had battery issues. After solving that (atleast for the day, turns out he needs a new alternator) we decided to try around beacon cove for some bass. We both caught a bunch of smallies and some largemouth, and i caught a small pike, a perch, and two rockbass. I think i threw pretty much everything in my tacklebox, and caught something on just about every lure, lol. Tubes worked great for smallies, as did lipless and shallow running crankbaits. Largemouth were caught on shallow running crankbaits, and wacky rigged senkos and i think a couple might have been off of tubes. Water was crystal clear in most areas, and it was really cool to watch some of the fish nail the tubes right next to the boat. Can't thank Ryan enough for taking me out there and not only getting me my biggest smallie to date, but also my first LSC pike. (it was maybe 12 or 13 inches, lol) All in all it was a great day of fishing, with beautiful weather. Had a great time, especially after getting skunked almost the entire weekend up north. THANKS A BUNCH SOULE!

·
Registered
735 Posts
np pk. we had a great time. tomorrow were takin the boat out of the water and getting the alternator fixed. post those pics

·
Registered
98 Posts
SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A BLAST! WE WERE THERE ON SATURDAY AND HAD A BLAST WITH THE LARGEMOUTH. CAUGHT ALL OF THEM ON A KVD SEXY SHAD SPINNER BAIT.

·
Registered
735 Posts
yea it was. we were looking for you guys lol for help. but we couldn't move. battery died and my dad had to hoist the 14 ft w/ 7.5hp to tow us in. but, once we got other battery, we got some fish.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts