Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be fishing out by metro park (16 jefferson) tomorrow morning about 6am. I am going for walleye but will also be looking for perch and pan fish. I am new to the sport of fishing, but am loving every second of it. I'm not sure what type of lure to use for the walleye. I am going to be renting a 12ft boat with an 8hp motor on it to go on the water. It does not have a trolling motor. I tried a 1oz bottom bouncer with a bottom crawler on it a few days ago but no walleye. We caught 2 perch and 6 sun fish on it though. Any suggestions on what to use for lure? I have a medium rod with a 10lb tes and a shamano sedona 2500 reel. Also....I wouldn't mind getting a pike, but again not sure what to use for lure. I know thats a lot but hopefully you guys can help me out.

·
Registered
735 Posts
personally, i would stick to your set up. it's just the matter of locating them and keeping on top of them. an 8hp motor on a 12 ft boat would be perfect to troll with, just dont go too fast, stay w/in 1-2mph. good luck

·
Registered
297 Posts
I agree. hey matt you wouldnt happen to be one of the guys that got stopped by the sheriff the other day were you?

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
i will be out there to thanks to the guys info from yesterday. use a walleye harness with differrent size split shots to keep it just above the weeds drift between metro piont and nine mile piont in 8-10 fow i will be in a blue 16ft tri hull i am looking for a weekday evening fishing partner i go 2-3 times a week i dont have nothing fancy for a boat but it floats and runs i am slowly adding gear to it though my only rule is that you have fun fishing and enjoy yourself no getting upset over everything

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
i live at 696/ 94 i get home at 6 i will ussaully stay out until about 11 later if fish are hitting pm me if interested troller or call 586 477 8031 i will answer the phone as allied transmissions my name is steve thats my cell

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(stick em @ Jun 12 2009, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree. hey matt you wouldnt happen to be one of the guys that got stopped by the sheriff the other day were you?

Yes I was. I was in the Jimmies rented boat with my friend Blaine. I was surprised that the sheriff was looking for fishing licenses, but good thing we had ours =)

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Jun 12 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i will be out there to thanks to the guys info from yesterday. use a walleye harness with differrent size split shots to keep it just above the weeds drift between metro piont and nine mile piont in 8-10 fow i will be in a blue 16ft tri hull i am looking for a weekday evening fishing partner i go 2-3 times a week i dont have nothing fancy for a boat but it floats and runs i am slowly adding gear to it though my only rule is that you have fun fishing and enjoy yourself no getting upset over everything

Thanks Steve, how did you do yesterday? I ended up shooting a goose egg for walleye but ended up with about a 20" musky. I tried trolling but to no avail. A couple bass and one sun fish.

Water Smile Vertebrate Shorts Lake
Water Lake Hat Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Boat

Attachments

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
weclome to the site mattr good luck fishing.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(MattR @ Jun 13 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(stick em @ Jun 12 2009, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree. hey matt you wouldnt happen to be one of the guys that got stopped by the sheriff the other day were you?

Yes I was. I was in the Jimmies rented boat with my friend Blaine. I was surprised that the sheriff was looking for fishing licenses, but good thing we had ours =)

Did you get stopped at the mouth of the Clinton River, about 3 or 4? I saw a small boat like that with two guys in it stopped by the Sherriffs as I was heading out.

Regardless, welcome to the site.

Jeff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks bowtie and jeff. It might have been us. we were around 15 mile road, but the sheriff came from the north, and after he stopped us he just kept heading south stopping other boats along the way. I have a feeling he scared away all the walleye that were just inchs from hitting my line before he pulled up...LOL

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(MattR @ Jun 13 2009, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wallysteve @ Jun 12 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i will be out there to thanks to the guys info from yesterday. use a walleye harness with differrent size split shots to keep it just above the weeds drift between metro piont and nine mile piont in 8-10 fow i will be in a blue 16ft tri hull i am looking for a weekday evening fishing partner i go 2-3 times a week i dont have nothing fancy for a boat but it floats and runs i am slowly adding gear to it though my only rule is that you have fun fishing and enjoy yourself no getting upset over everything

Thanks Steve, how did you do yesterday? I ended up shooting a goose egg for walleye but ended up with about a 20" musky. I tried trolling but to no avail. A couple bass and one sun fish.

View attachment 62476
View attachment 62477

That's a Northern Pike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL....oops. =) My buddy counted something on its face and said it was a musky. Thank you for clearing that up

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
QUOTE(MattR @ Jun 13 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>LOL....oops. =) My buddy counted something on its face and said it was a musky. Thank you for clearing that up

Here ya go. Click on it to expand it, and then if you have Vista, blow it up to like 200% to read it fully. He may have been counting jaw pores. Muskie have six or more, pike five or less.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts