Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
12,052 Posts
Yeah I saw them Friday when I went in and Sunday when I left. Too bad they didn't put the money into the floating docks at the North Marina. They're in terrible shape with a lot of the power outlets not working. Hmmm.... let me see $4 bucks to get in the park and stand on a pier, or $23 bucks to dock your boat for a day. Yep....put the money in the right place.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I went to Metro yesterday to see if anyone was there.
I was the only boat in the entire park.
I was suprized not to see any boats there at all.

I did learn Loons sit in trees though. I had no idea they did that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
QUOTE(Jason R @ Apr 22 2003, 07:42 AM)I did learn Loons sit in trees though. I had no idea they did that.

I think you must have seen something besides a loon. I looked it up after I read your post, because I hadn't seen them do that either. Everything I saw said that their to heavy to get in a tree. I guess they even have a really hard time walking on the land. I wonder what kind of bird you saw though.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I don't know. I thought it was a loon because they were also swimming in the water and ducking their heads under the water and swimming away.

What ever they were they looked too big to be sitting in a tree.
They were black with really long necks and sharp pointy heads and beaks.

Let me know if anyone figures out what the are.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
????????????? Could be. I didn't even know what a Cormorant was but I looked it up on yahoo and it looks like what I saw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts