Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Harrison Township residents get your discounted Metro Park passes now while available. Prices have gone up this year. Regular prices have gone from $20 to $25. Discounted prices went from $13 to $17. They gotta pay for that new South Marina somehow. I guess this is one way...

Here's the link for the passes and where to get them:

http://www.harrison-township.org/id103.htm

Here's the link to regular prices for for annual passes to Metro:

http://www.harrison-township.org/id103.htm

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up Convincor.

What is the status of the marina? Did they finish the renovations started last season?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I was just by there on Thursday. They did not appear to be complete, but getting there.

Unfortunately they are not floating docks like the other Michigan DNR Marina's, but nonetheless it is still a nice upgrade!

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(K G @ Jan 17 2010, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was just by there on Thursday. They did not appear to be complete, but getting there.

Unfortunately they are not floating docks like the other Michigan DNR Marina's, but nonetheless it is still a nice upgrade!
I don't think they are DNR.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
My understanding is this project was funded by the MDNR. It is to be operated as other harbor facilities such as Lexington, St. Clair Etc...

There will be slips available for reserve in the same manner as the MDNR website system. It will be first come first serve, unless otherwise reserved. This will be for a 24 hour period of time and you can leave and return as you please, like other MDNR facilities.

Just a little tid bit of information in which I was forwarded.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
QUOTE(K G @ Jan 17 2010, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My understanding is this project was funded by the MDNR. It is to be operated as other harbor facilities such as Lexington, St. Clair Etc...

There will be slips available for reserve in the same manner as the MDNR website system. It will be first come first serve, unless otherwise reserved. This will be for a 24 hour period of time and you can leave and return as you please, like other MDNR facilities.

Just a little tid bit of information in which I was forwarded.

This is correct, it was also in a Detroit News article several months ago.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Who needs a stinkin' pass? Metro is almost in my back yard!

Good to know... my Dad always gets one... maybe I can beat him to it and surprise the old man this year with a pass

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Partner Ship @ Jan 17 2010, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jan 17 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm anxious to see the upgrades. Wonder if there will be WiFi????
That would be great, then I can sit in our boat there and send an angry email about why they won't allow dogs there when all the other Metroparks do

Hopefully that SOB guy won't work there this year!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jan 17 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Partner Ship @ Jan 17 2010, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jan 17 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm anxious to see the upgrades. Wonder if there will be WiFi????
That would be great, then I can sit in our boat there and send an angry email about why they won't allow dogs there when all the other Metroparks do

yeah that ticked me off last year, First time I have ever bought a season pass. Was going to stoney then one day we decided what the heck we were going to go to metro and take our furry family member with us and we got to the gate and they said no dogs. I live at 11 and 94 so metro is the closest. Well until they change the rule about no dogs I won't go to any of there parks. I'll just take my furry family member to state land and go jogging with her.

·
LSCN Sponsor
728 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jan 17 2010, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Partner Ship @ Jan 17 2010, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jan 17 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm anxious to see the upgrades. Wonder if there will be WiFi????

I don't know his name but I know who you are talking about.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
QUOTE(Partner Ship @ Jan 17 2010, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jan 17 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm anxious to see the upgrades. Wonder if there will be WiFi????

have you ever written to them about it ? I wonder what their response would be.??
Since other metro parks allow dogs...dont know why this one doesnt.
I'd like to know.

One of the reasons I LOVE Partridge Creek is seeing all the dogs !!!

Dave...draw up a petition, I bet you'd get ALOT of signatures !

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Jan 18 2010, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Partner Ship @ Jan 17 2010, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jan 17 2010, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm anxious to see the upgrades. Wonder if there will be WiFi????

have you ever written to them about it ? I wonder what their response would be.??
Since other metro parks allow dogs...dont know why this one doesnt.
I'd like to know.

One of the reasons I LOVE Partridge Creek is seeing all the dogs !!!

Dave...draw up a petition, I bet you'd get ALOT of signatures !

A woman I know who worked as Ann Arbor's Community Services administrator just took a new job as Executive Director of the Huron Clinton Metro Parks. She will be in charge of ALL the Metro Parks. She will certainly be hearing form me :)

·
Registered
4,832 Posts

I dont go there for just that reason , That and wanna b cops treating u like a criminal for having stereo up to loud . too many other nice places on the lake to go with out being Harrased

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Metro is a love/hate relationship with most of us boaters. To me it is a great retreat by boat in the Spring and Fall months because of colder weather and friends without boats can come out and have fun on the docks. I wish they would change the dog policy. And I don't even have a dog. I have seen the harassment to dogs owners at the park. It sucks!

The building (exterior) in the south marina is complete. It appears that the majority of the docks are complete as well. It will be interesting to see what they charge. I would think that the charge for a daily or overnight would be charged the same maybe with a slight increase.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jan 18 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Metro is a love/hate relationship with most of us boaters.

Mostly hate.

The past 2 years we boated, we avoided metro. If we overnighted somewhere, it was in one of the bays. We went to Metro a lot before that because Buoys will be Buoys liked to overnight there and we enjoyed their company. If it wasnt for them, fahgeddaboutit!

This year I could definately see rafting up in the metro pond and partying it up. We've never done that before and they cant yell at us for the dogs out there

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.