Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got there around 7:00. Saw Firecracker (I think) drive in, drive around, and drive out. I waved, but she never saw me. We parked in the boat launch area and walked to the floating docks the peeps were at.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
who was there ????
(almost outta work, 10 more minures till i finish,.. yay !)

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
The way you describe it, I can almost picture the excitement.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let's see, there was, The Wiz, Mr. Sunbum, Mrs. Sunbum, Waterlogged and family, Damn Yankee, Rerun, Boat Chic, Afiremen, The Campari's, Jabberjaws and friend (sorry, didn't catch her name), a newbie (have to try to remember what his name is - nice guy!!), ummm, I thought there was more; thik I'm forgetting a few peeps.

Anyhoo, had a great time!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Waterlogged and family - Thanks for the food, Josh didn't quite finish it (big surprise). Your daughter is adorable!!! those two had a good time, we'll have to get them together again. Sorry he taught her how to break into vending machines. But it's a fairly lucrative career.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The weather was fine!! No raindrops, not too breezy. Got to meet the Sunbums (cool peeps indeed!!!!!).

By the way, Mrs. Sunbum.........

On my way home from picking my son up an hour or two before metro, I'm driving North on Jefferson in SCS. And the crazy lady in the Saturn Vue next to me is honking like mad, talking on her cell phone, right in front of Taxman's place. She ends up in fron of me, in the other lane and I see the LSCN sticker, so I race up next to her but had NO idea who she was (couldn't get a good view through the window due to the glare). So I honked, but she didn't hear me and she went on her merry way. So later at Metro, as Mrs. Sunbum's leaving the park, she drives out and honks her horn and I look up to see... a Saturn Vue!!! It was you!! Holy crap! I even asked Rerun when we first got there if he knew a peep with that vehicle but he said it didn't ring a bell. Too funny. Had I known it was you, we'd of had to stop for a drink!! Even after we met tonight I never realized it.

Very nice meeting you both tonight, by the way, you guys are a ton of fun!!!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Damn . . . anyway, put time to good use. Boat shopping!
You guys ARE die-hards. I should know that by now!

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
Haha---she was talking to me on her cell---honking at the BIG RED BUS...yelling Whew Hew...yep, that's our wild & crazy friend, MrsSunbum!!! Gotta love her!!!!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Was hoping to see Instigator (bikes and all!), Convincor, Garydebs, CBJ, Shandog, Pauligan, and a few other peeps I thought might make it up.

It was a bit low key, but we had a few nice SOCIALLLLLLLLLLLLLLs. Right on the dock there. I think The Wiz (?) has a couple pics. Great time.

And by the way ALL you guys who came in by boat... VERY NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
OMG! Thats too funny. I was talking to Saleena, saw the big red bus, had to beep! LMAO!!!!

It was great meeting you and your family as well. Josh is a sweetie! I love him.

We had a great time tonight. Always a blast with the LSCN crew.

I am still cracking up , don't usually drive around blowing the horn...but it was THE BIG RED BUS!!!! Sorry you didn't catch up to me. I always stop & have drinks with strange men that flag me down.....not!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Jun 17 2003, 10:28 PM)Haha---she was talking to me on her cell---honking at the BIG RED BUS...yelling Whew Hew...yep, that's our wild & crazy friend, MrsSunbum!!! Gotta love her!!!!
Saleena,
I should have known!! I was looking at her and I remember she was laughing her a$$ off, and I'm thinking, man, this MUST be a LSCN peep!!!!

Then of course seeing the sticker and all. I was driving my wife's car that doesn't have the sticker on it, so she would have wondered what the hell my problem was, had I continued trying to get her attention at that point. Of course, until later at Metro when she would have been like, "holy cow, it's my stalker!".

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Sorry DUDE!

We have been pretty lame lately. I think the last event was the Rally on 23

THAT has got to change!

TIKI...TIKI...TIKI...

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Jun 17 2003, 10:33 PM)I always stop & have drinks with strange men that flag me down.....not!

Funny, me too!

Good to see you made home ok, and in pretty good time, too.

Yeah how funny!!! I saw the Big Red Bus, and I was thinking how Josh was gonna point it out, as he usually does (he rode in it once, so he thinks it's like "ours" to ride on whenever the "peeps" want to). Anyway, right as I'm thinking that I hear this horn beeping and I knew something funny was up!!!

You and your husband are such nice people!!! Josh asked about you on the way home and couldn't remember your name. It's too funny how we call the peeps by their screen names. He's totally screwed up, trying to figure out how he got a lame name like Josh, when other people get cool names like The Wiz, The Sunbums, Convincor, CBJ, The Warden, Ladybug, Afiremen, Snowmaker!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jun 17 2003, 10:36 PM)Sorry DUDE!

We have been pretty lame lately. I think the last event was the Rally on 23

THAT has got to change!

TIKI...TIKI...TIKI...
Saturday.

·
12,052 Posts
I think you should rename this post....Last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, you lame peeps missed a good time.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i was at jack's for the fundraiser, then got rained on so i came home to work on more fun stuff for my party next wednesday!

wahooo!
mrs sunbum was at jack's too! she's EVERYWHERE!!! gotta love her!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
We are laughing our butts off. Tears running down my cheeks. Too funny. My stalker. Now THAT would have been funny.

Poor Josh. Find a good screen name for him. Waterloggeds daughter is a cutie. Can't believe Josh taught her to break into vending machines.

Great time tonight. Will be sleeping with a smile on my face tonight.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Okay now. Is this for real?
We boated in around 6:30pm, circled the floating docks twice, saw one boat in there and the driver kicked back and relaxing behind the wheel. We were calling for over an hour on 69 with no reply. We tied up at the south marina and had a great dinner with plenty of beer and again, no answer to our calls. We left at 8:30 and headed back to HCN. Even had a few extra kids and their roller blades.

Anyone going to be out there on wednesday night?

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jun 17 2003, 10:24 PM)
I knew it...

TIKI TOMORROW!!!!

Afireman should come too!
I will be there selling tickets!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts