Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i'm taking the family out to metro saterday with the guppy and a canoe. what would be the best to catch some thing out there we'll be fishing the marsh area for anything we can get as long as it's good to eat.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
If I show up, then I'll show you my secret to getting monster gills in the marsh.
I just hope the weather cooperates so I can take a nice ride up there. It's been a while, and my legs need exercise. My arms have had plenty lately from all the musky casting I've done. lol

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Hey storm, were you up there on tuesday or wednesday? I saw a blue and yellow huffy by the bathrooms at the point, wasnt sure if it was you or not.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
QUOTE(PelicanKayaker @ Jul 16 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey storm, were you up there on tuesday or wednesday? I saw a blue and yellow huffy by the bathrooms at the point, wasnt sure if it was you or not.

Nope. Wasn't me. Tuesday I was out tearing up the lake with Propwash, and yesterday I was home all day helping my dad with boxes and other things in the garage. It doesn't look like I'll be going Sunday either due to weather restrictions. Rain and storms currently still being forecasted.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Its only a 30% chance, just grab a poncho and hit the water, lol. I have my best fishing during storms, but i also have radar on my phone so i can tell when the bad storms are coming.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
QUOTE(PelicanKayaker @ Jul 16 2009, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its only a 30% chance, just grab a poncho and hit the water, lol. I have my best fishing during storms, but i also have radar on my phone so i can tell when the bad storms are coming.

lol I just picked up a rain suit today actually. I might give it a shot then if it's only a small chance. I'm sure the largemouth will cooperate, and I wouldn't mind a carp or cat or two either.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
caught an eight pound cat off of the point on tuesday. Should be good fishing all weekend with the way the weather looks, good luck if you go.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Good luck I'll see you there scott. Let me know what time. I'll stop by for a bit. We might go out there riding the bikes for a while.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know i can't get the girl up to early she just has a problem with that in the summer. i'm also hoping the weather will be with us storm will give us a update. i should be somewhere close to the launch area where l can beach the guppy hope to see you out there

·
Registered
44 Posts
QUOTE(scotts fishing @ Jul 15 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ok i'm taking the family out to metro saterday with the guppy and a canoe. what would be the best to catch some thing out there we'll be fishing the marsh area for anything we can get as long as it's good to eat.

flies under a bobber, it sounds weird but its amazing right now. pick up a cheap pack of "trout" flies from walmart or something and have a ball with the kids!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
QUOTE(JacobK @ Jul 17 2009, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(scotts fishing @ Jul 15 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ok i'm taking the family out to metro saterday with the guppy and a canoe. what would be the best to catch some thing out there we'll be fishing the marsh area for anything we can get as long as it's good to eat.

flies under a bobber, it sounds weird but its amazing right now. pick up a cheap pack of "trout" flies from walmart or something and have a ball with the kids!

lol Amazing. You discovered my secret for gill fishing last year that I used all the time. Yes, it does sound weird and all, but it's amazing how well this little trick actually works, and how many people overlook it. Try it out sometime. You'll be surprised to find out how well they bite those flies. It's a different presentation and bait for the fish to see, and it's also a very close resemblence of a natural prey on the water for them in their natural environment there. Trust me when I say this little trick really works as Jacob clearly stated up above.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
now i'll have to give that a try it sure will save me baiting hooks all the time for the girls i might even get a chance to do some fishing

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
When fishing near a field I try to bring my kids net and catch any bugs (grasshoppers, fly, moths) It drives them crazyyyyyyyy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts