Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of this week you can make reservations for the July 4th weekend. It looks like you can only make reservations six months in advance. We just made reservation in Lexington. It will be our third July4th up there. It feels good to be making boating plans on this snowy day.

Attachments

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
QUOTE(steeveau @ Jan 7 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As of this week you can make reservations for the July 4th weekend. It looks like you can only make reservations six months in advance. We just made reservation in Lexington. It will be our third July4th up there. It feels good to be making boating plans on this snowy day.

How are the fireworks up there? I couldn't imagine being away from the party and fun of rafting in from of Belle/Mac for the fireworks and spending the evening on the boat.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fireworks are great. They're pretty much right above the harbor. They're fired off from the break wall. The park gets packed with people. The parade is pretty cool too. It's definitely small town America on the fourth of July.

There's some pretty good partying that goes on the docks too.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(steeveau @ Jan 7 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As of this week you can make reservations for the July 4th weekend. It looks like you can only make reservations six months in advance. We just made reservation in Lexington. It will be our third July4th up there. It feels good to be making boating plans on this snowy day.
Like that little face peaking out at you!

No specific DNR plans, but I'm finding it very difficult to avoid contemplating another boat trip to Georgian.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jan 7 2010, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(steeveau @ Jan 7 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As of this week you can make reservations for the July 4th weekend. It looks like you can only make reservations six months in advance. We just made reservation in Lexington. It will be our third July4th up there. It feels good to be making boating plans on this snowy day.

How are the fireworks up there? I couldn't imagine being away from the party and fun of rafting in from of Belle/Mac for the fireworks and spending the evening on the boat.

Fireworks are great there, as well as E. Tawas. Best I have seen from the boat is Harrisville.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
QUOTE(Away Point @ Jan 7 2010, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(steeveau @ Jan 7 2010, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As of this week you can make reservations for the July 4th weekend. It looks like you can only make reservations six months in advance. We just made reservation in Lexington. It will be our third July4th up there. It feels good to be making boating plans on this snowy day.
Like that little face peaking out at you!

No specific DNR plans, but I'm finding it very difficult to avoid contemplating another boat trip to Georgian.

We have tentative plans to head to Killarney this summer, too.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts

I know exactly what you mean. I just booked a trip for the family (10 of us) to go to Hawaii. Looking forward to drunken nights and copious amounts of shark fishing. This will be my 3rd time, and who knows how many more are gonna be added.

I do believe that every person needs to vist there before they die, and EVERY AMERICAN needs to visit Pearl Harbor.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(blorincz @ Jan 8 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know if Metro Beach is going to the DNR reservation system as well?
I doubt it since they are county and not state. It would be nice though.

I think we'll look at going to Lexington for the Art Show this year. The margritiaville event was kinda lame.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
QUOTE(blorincz @ Jan 8 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know if Metro Beach is going to the DNR reservation system as well?

They are, it does not appear to show up yet. You will also be able to leave the well and come back to it which I am sure will cause some confusion for a while but I like the idea that I can take guests for a ride and not loose my well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
QUOTE(SAILOR @ Jan 8 2010, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They are, it does not appear to show up yet. You will also be able to leave the well and come back to it which I am sure will cause some confusion for a while but I like the idea that I can take guests for a ride and not loose my well.
Thanks. I had heard they were switching to the same system as St. Clair and Lexington, but didn't see them listed yet. Guess we'll wait and see.

·
Registered
921 Posts
QUOTE(Dos mangos @ Jan 7 2010, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have seen them up in Traverse as well as on Torch for the 4th , a great time , and not as much of a rat race as on st. Clair

The Traverse City ones include a twilight fly over by a couple of jets from the air show!
Very cool to see the after burners at night

Elk Rapids is a nice harbor to use up there.

tg.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Jan 8 2010, 11:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(blorincz @ Jan 8 2010, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know if Metro Beach is going to the DNR reservation system as well?
I doubt it since they are county and not state. It would be nice though.

I think we'll look at going to Lexington for the Art Show this year. The margritiaville event was kinda lame.

Good. Hopefully there won't be as much tequila at the Art Show.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(steeveau @ Jan 8 2010, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I took a chance and booked that night as also. The cancellation fee is only $8.
8 bucks is almost funny! What's that, like 5 minutes of run time?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.