Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done watching my episode of michigan out of doors and lake saint clair was on it again. This time they were out by the saint clair light and dumping grounds fishing for muskie with the momc. the program re airs on saturday morning.

·
Registered
22 Posts
QUOTE(bowtiehater28 @ Oct 30 2009, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just got done watching my episode of michigan out of doors and lake saint clair was on it again. This time they were out by the saint clair light and dumping grounds fishing for muskie with the momc. the program re airs on saturday morning.

Another episode will feature jigging the upper river for fall walleyes with walleye pros Denny Lantzy and Steve Vandemark. Steve boats a quality musky too.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Fished the river yesterday in the fog & caught some nice walleye & 4 muskies.The river is full of muskie.Clear water maybe 15ft deep jiggin worm & fins.Ever have a muskie on & it jumps in the boat.To bad did not get that on camera.

·
Registered
417 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Oct 30 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>did you see the holds on some of those skis? some ppl. on this site will have a fit if they seen that...
he was a momc member too

What's your point?

If you noticed, all those fish that were lifted vertical were small. Those small fish do not have the weight to screw themselves up like the big fish do. Not to mention, those small fish are much more lively than larger ones, sometimes vertical is the safest way for a novice to handle a fish. Trust me, those guys know what they are doing. They would not risk hurting a fish. They know the limits..

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
i think his point was, some people would rather explain their method than tell you nice fish. landing a ski is a big deal on this site.

muski's are the great debate here. somebody always picks away at something.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(UNREEL @ Oct 30 2009, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Oct 30 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>did you see the holds on some of those skis? some ppl. on this site will have a fit if they seen that...
he was a momc member too

What's your point?

If you noticed, all those fish that were lifted vertical were small. Those small fish do not have the weight to screw themselves up like the big fish do. Not to mention, those small fish are much more lively than larger ones, sometimes vertical is the safest way for a novice to handle a fish. Trust me, those guys know what they are doing. They would not risk hurting a fish. They know the limits..

i wasnt trying to start anything it just seems everytime someone post a musky pic the tread gets closed.. thats why i walleye fish..

·
Registered
583 Posts
QUOTE(sshhiittyy @ Oct 30 2009, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i think his point was, some people would rather explain their method than tell you nice fish. landing a ski is a big deal on this site.

muski's are the great debate here. somebody always picks away at something.

What he said.

·
Registered
125 Posts
QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Oct 31 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was actually wondering when somebody would say something about that. For all the momc people complaining about how skis are handled and then to see the head of the momc doing that was funny to me.

QUOTE(DR.hook @ Oct 30 2009, 09:03 PM)
did you see the holds on some of those skis? some ppl. on this site will have a fit if they seen that...
he was a momc member too

Are you two clowns serious????????????

First off the vertical hold on a 24" fish, is no big problem and much eaiser for a novice to hold and all fish where released with no harm done. We do know the limits. Second the gentlemen holding the fish had never ever caught a muskie let alone see one live before. An was not a MOMC member which made no difference anyway.

Ron, Todd and I donated our time, their boats and equipement to do this show, to help promote the great fishing we have here. Plus to show a great time to people that had never done this before as gester of good faith for the Michigan Outdoors Show.

Our club puts on a annual Special Olympics of Michigan Musky Derby hosted by the GPY, DYC, DRGC which raises thousands of $$$$ for those in need. This year we started the Muskie-Meet for our veterans at no charge to them. All the above is donated by our members to do this.

An then you single out our club for one small fish held vertical, and state that the MOMC causes this fish hold debate shows a lot of class on your part!!!! Most of that debate is started by nonmembers of the MOMC anyway.

An Waterfordmatt, Scott our president was not with us so pull your head out of your a$$ and get your facts right.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
QUOTE(waterfordmatt @ Oct 31 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was actually wondering when somebody would say something about that. For all the momc people complaining about how skis are handled and then to see the head of the momc doing that was funny to me.

Yes...there were two MOMC directors, present on the boat that day, and another on the second boat. A vertical hold, behind the gills on a small ski, is the safest way for both the fish, and the angler. A hold just behind the gills...subdues them the best, and does not harm the fish.

1) One must remember, these are fish and not gods. Angler safety is first.

If you land a sub size muskie and it goes nuts in the boat..and drags a treble thru your calf, stomach area or hand..you will understand why they are controlled that way. Hang a 6+ pound fish, flopping out of control...while still hooked to a lure, and hooked into you...it all becomes very clear.

Scott D'Eath - MOMC President

Note - the "head" of the MOMC was NOT present. However, I also hold them the same way when needed. I have boated thousands of muskies, and a good grip behind the head, had saved trips to the hospital, countless times.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
speaking of "heads up asses" uhhhh glad you pulled yours out to read this.

i have no idea if your a regular visitor to this site nor do i care, but assuming your head was buried under a rock, MOMC members DO say which methods are best "for the fish". vertically wasnt in the list of good techniques. im sure things change due to circumstances though.

no need to be a douche about it.

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
yea that i agree with hooked up

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
u always have something smart a*s to say so what are u talking about

·
Registered
125 Posts
QUOTE(sshhiittyy @ Oct 31 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>speaking of "heads up asses" uhhhh glad you pulled yours out to read this.

i have no idea if your a regular visitor to this site nor do i care, but assuming your head was buried under a rock, MOMC members DO say which methods are best "for the fish". vertically wasnt in the list of good techniques. im sure things change due to circumstances though.

no need to be a douche about it.

What ever guy, and yes I have been a member since 2005 as shown in my avatar. Who's head buried under a rock now????

When somebody who was not at a event I took place in comments on something I was doing. I will defend myself and the ones envolved, sorry if you have a problem with that!!!!!

An yes MOMC members will get in the debate, but these guy's where attacking the club as a whole.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.