Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michigan Outdoors taped a show on Anchor bay yesterday. Ice fishing in shanties. They were in the Sand Bar in Algonac afterwards and we all watched the tape on the big screen TV. They did alright with the perch. Even speared a few (with a pike spear) It will be played next Thursday at 7:30 on PBS

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
A few of us guys from michigan-sportsman.com were there with Jenny Olsen. Suppose to air 2-19-04 on ch. 56 at 9:30 and again on 2-21-04 at 11:30.

They weren't hitting hard but a few were taken.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Feb 6 2004, 10:09 AM)Awesome...Glad the bay is getting some good PR

Hey, get out of the fishing forum.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Good going Mike. I`ll be watching the show looking for ya. Should be interesting. Did you invite them out for a little wally fishin come summertime? How about Mikes Tracker on TV with Jenny reeling those `eyes in.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Michigan Out-of-Doors

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The show will be aired tonight on channel 56 at 9:30

·
Registered
111 Posts
Watched the show last night AND MAN THAT SPEARING FOR PERCH WAS COOL my mans got it down pat no doubt,,,,,,,,, the steelhead segment was cool to ..... good to see the lake getting some pressssss.......

·
Registered
241 Posts
I too had the opportunity to watch. Always cool to see the waters you hunt on the television screen. Spearing is a lot of fun but after you spear one you have to wait a while before you get another group of perch to come in. I definitely prefer to take them by hook and line.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I hear that fish tremble: Spearing reminds me of how caveman would do it, and it sure tells the school to swim for the weed bed.lol Nothing like a hook.

h2o<--says did some spearing, but isn't his cup of tea.

·
Registered
103 Posts
LOL, like he said...."Like fishing out of an aquarium". That big hole in da ice, like watching "Fish TV". That would have been entertainment enough, had they not been biting. Though the bummer was, did not quite catch where they pulled they steelie out of the ice. That sure was great looking tablefare......now I'm drooling
. Don't know how much time we've got left out there on LSC, went out off Jefferson an Shook yesterday, got wet and got skunked. Did notice though, how much the ice looked like a jigsaw puzzle, with all the pieces locked into place. I'm not one for fooling with mother nature these days, I'm just giving y'all the heads up. Otherwise continuing to play safe is what it's all about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts