Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am distressed!!!
somehow, the link buttons i had on my site are all changed! in front page, as i'm working, they're correct. but when i save them, they're totally different!!!
HELP!! i've tried everything!!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts

I use Dreamweaver, not that familiar with FrontPage (used to use it a before Dreamweaver).

Any peeps out here know Front Page???

We'll help ya out CK, just hold on...

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
It's been a while since I used Front Page too. )for that reason! It drives me nuts!) I Dreamweave now as well.

Did you create a Front Page "theme" for your site? Wish I had Front Page here and I'd take a look at it.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
front page bites my butt right now...so i'll add the other info i have then come back to the problem...front page doesn't even give a help # to call! grrr!

i should just have a beer! loL!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Mike @ Jun 26 2003, 11:04 PM)It's been a while since I used Front Page too. )for that reason! It drives me nuts!) I Dreamweave now as well.

Did you create a Front Page "theme" for your site? Wish I had Front Page here and I'd take a look at it.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you two live right behind/across from each other???

Capt'n Mike and Girlie partying at CK's!! Hell, let's all go there.

I'll see ya'll peeps in about 10 minutes!!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol! we do! as do YOU, campari! lol!

i've never really officially professionally done a website. i mean, i do jack's, and i have fun with it VERY MUCH (which is why i'm so excited for my site!
) but it's the little things like this that get my goat! grrrr!

it's the link properties! they are perfect on the page while i'm working on it, but after i save it and refresh the site as if i was anyone looking at it, it's WRONG! grrrrrrrrr!!!!

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jun 26 2003, 11:20 PM)lol! we do! as do YOU, campari! lol!

i've never really officially professionally done a website. i mean, i do jack's, and i have fun with it VERY MUCH (which is why i'm so excited for my site!
) but it's the little things like this that get my goat! grrrr!

it's the link properties! they are perfect on the page while i'm working on it, but after i save it and refresh the site as if i was anyone looking at it, it's WRONG! grrrrrrrrr!!!!
Seriously, are you under a deadline or anything? Or is it just the inconvenience factor? There's SOOOOOO many peeps on here that skilled in the ways of the web. Mongo (I think??), Capt'n Rob, Shandog, Big Daddy, and myself to a much lesser degree. And I'm sure there's quite a few others...

Call on the power of the peeps, CK!

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Sorry, I ws checking out your site and got side tracked in Umbrella girls. girls-on-bikes has good stuff too, btw.

How did you add your navigation? Is it in a table? Is there some special Front Page "navigation pane" that you used?

I remember there was quick way of keeping consistent navigation. I thought it was theme. And I rememer that you could change the theme in your SITE (not page) properties. See anything like that?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh, i can wait until tomorrow, no biggie. i'm just screwing around while i can. i have some time now, so i'm going to enter my info & come back to the problem when i can get some help.
so no worries.

i took a nap today, which is something i don't do!! i dropped out about 4:30 and my phone rang at 5:30 and for some reason i thought it was 5:30 AM!! lol!! too groggy to answer the phone,and i fell back asleep til 6. so i'm up and wired now, and trying to get work done so JUST MAYBE i can go to JN tomorrow.

but still doubtful. i have to prioritize, like a good little adult...LOL!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Jun 26 2003, 11:32 PM)oh, i can wait until tomorrow, no biggie. i'm just screwing around while i can. i have some time now, so i'm going to enter my info & come back to the problem when i can get some help.
so no worries.

i took a nap today, which is something i don't do!! i dropped out about 4:30 and my phone rang at 5:30 and for some reason i thought it was 5:30 AM!! lol!! too groggy to answer the phone,and i fell back asleep til 6. so i'm up and wired now, and trying to get work done so JUST MAYBE i can go to JN tomorrow.

but still doubtful. i have to prioritize, like a good little adult...LOL!

I just left Steve's bar and it is only 11:40 pm

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, i click insert, navigation, insert link bar, choose vertical, choose the style, and boom. done.

under format, within shared boarders, i can apply the borders to every page,or just the one page. i chose to do all, and now...crap! grrrrrrr

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
now the freaking left border (where i placed the links) keeps disappearing!! f'n A! i am getting soooooooo ticked!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'm going to read it now.

but if you checkmy site now (refresh if needed), the nav link i want is back! what the f! i don't get it!

so that means i'll read up and beat the computer, although right now i am scared to make any more changes! lol!

thanks mike!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
I've had problems with front page as well...good thing my host site backs up everyday!

I know there are alot of options to choose from...I think it is in your share borders. There are a couple of pages that do not have the left border.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have a couple more pages to do and am freaked i'm going to lose it all again! agh!
fingers are crossed....aaahhhhhhh!!!

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
SAVE SAVE SAVE!

Not to scare you I always ran into problems when saving to my hard drive or publishing!

Could this be an issue?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no, i don't think so.
and i do save, which is why it's bugging me why the problem. time for bed..i'll deal with it tomorrow i guess!
thanks for any help, my smarty peeps!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Is "leftbarbg.gif" your nav image? Since you've got that as the background image and there's nothing in that table cell except the code for a space the image isn't filling the area of the page you'd like. Do you usually have text (links or otherwise) over the background image?

Also, I tried pulling up just the image (without the web page) but got nothing -- unless the image is a blank spacer, I should have been able to see it. Have you changed the image recently and did you upload it as a binary file?

BTW, I hand code, so if all this is greek to you, let me know and we can work it out via email.

-- Donna

1 - 20 of 23 Posts