Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Started out with walleyes and a few perch then dead after 8-8:30. Nothing till 10:30 when this hit, 44" 21lbs. 1/2 hour later another one. 41" 18lbs. Who said walleye guys can't catch musky.

Hey Bob, your fish stink!!!!! Now I have to clean the boat of stink!!!

Attachments

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Yea Mike but it is the most wonderful ordor on the Planet. LOL

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Muskie_Addict @ Jul 27 2009, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey Mike, can you be a little more specific on the location, I would like to drag some ski baits through the area.

Thanks
Bill

One came not 1/2 mile north of the SCL. The other trolling from there to Huron Pt.

Whole big area out there with musky, perch, and walleye.

There were caught on a homemade modified crawler harness. Trolled rather high in the water column

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
QUOTE(Molly Frair @ Jul 27 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Had one bite through my crawler harness last week. What are you using to tie your harnesses with, cable? Could I use fireline type line, can the Musky bite thru that? Thanks
Ron Hartman

Sure. I make 'em with leader wire. Just use bigger blades and bigger hooks. Thanks for reminding me I need to make more.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE(Molly Frair @ Jul 27 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Had one bite through my crawler harness last week. What are you using to tie your harnesses with, cable? Could I use fireline type line, can the Musky bite thru that? Thanks
Ron Hartman

That paticular harness was made with 20 lb test mono. Both musky were hooked in the front of the lip by the rear hook.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Thanks Mike I started to try that area Sunday but stopped marking baitfish the further I got away from the light so we turned around and headed back through the pack of perch fishermen.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
QUOTE(walleye mike @ Jul 25 2009, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Started out with walleyes and a few perch then dead after 8-8:30. Nothing till 10:30 when this hit, 44" 21lbs. 1/2 hour later another one. 41" 18lbs. Who said walleye guys can't catch musky.

Hey Bob, your fish stink!!!!! Now I have to clean the boat of stink!!!

lol yeah actually you walleye guys clean up on the ski's out there. Nice work on those

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.