Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
Timeye was my guest on the whisky 8 tonight and we started out drifting the mouth of PH with crawler harnesses but struck out. We then decided to go whipping but a couple of our favorite holes were filled so we graphed some shoreline on the canadian side and found an area we thought had potential and set up. We were south of PH and north of Marysville on the canadian side. It was not your conventional whipping set up. We fished in 34FOW and about 140 feet behind the boat. Hot colors were anything natural or shiny looking, silver/black, bleading pearl etc. We ended up with 6 fish for 2 hours of work. Timeye had to start work early so we called it early. Fish came in spurts and I would call it slow but steady but not hot. I grabbed 4 and Tim 2, sweet revenge for the last time we went handlining and he doubled my catch for a 2 man limit.
This is the latest in the season I have ever whipped and I am now inspired to go again.
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.