Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know the details on the no wake zone in the middle channel (north of Browns, south of the north channel)?

Those billboard signs are like no other's on the lake. Not even half the boaters out there slow down for it.
Last week I was going through it and a sheriff boat blasted through there (no lights or siren). He even waved!

If it is truly a no wake zone, why don't they put "no wake bouy's" in the middle of the channel (like in the N.channel near Decker's)?

I would really like to hear a response from the authorities on this one.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The area you are talking about is a No Wake for boats 26ft and bigger. 2 years ago I was stop by the sheriff in this area because they thought I had a 26ft boat. After they saw my Registration and it said 25ft, they let me go. Before they left, they gave me a color coded map with areas of the channel that are no wake for different size boats. I haven't looked at it in a while, but I think there is one more are like this. If you would like to make a copy just like me know and I can bring it by sometime Bill.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Jet ski is correct. If you read those sign it states the 200 /600 ft rule on them. the 200 / 600/ rule is simply anything 26 and under must maintain 200 ft from shore or pier while on plane. If your 26 or larger you must maintain 600 ft from shore or pier. If you flag down the Sheriff's boat they should have the colored No Wake maps. I also believe Belfour on the north channel has some still.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.
I would love to get one of those charts. I have gotten as close as I could without stopping, to read them, but there is some fine print. That's cool though. Now I know, and can spread the word.

Did you get that Campari?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Convincor,

I got a map from Anchor Bay Yacht Club at home. If i can't post it, I will PM it to you. Bottom line is that the only no wake area for 26ft and under boats (200 ft from shore) you need to worry about is the North channel no wake by Deckers. There's a couple of other spots (you'll see them on the map), but those areas are very shallow/narrow and You'd be going no wake anyway.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Those signs are pretty intimidating and I think the locals put them up to try to get everyone to no wake thru there. I would get some looks from shore when I would take the 25 Sunsation through there on plane, but hell, there is no wake behind that boat anyway.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor253 @ Jul 7 2003, 11:01 AM)Thanks guys.
I would love to get one of those charts. I have gotten as close as I could without stopping, to read them, but there is some fine print. That's cool though. Now I know, and can spread the word.

Did you get that Campari?
Yep! Guess that answers our question, huh? Glad to know that, I've always gone no wake through there. Could never read that fine print either. Good thing they don't have a rule there about people jumping from one boat to another, huh Convincor??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts