Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to try the Middle Channel for the first time this year. Will be out this weekend for some walleye early morning and late in the day I know boat traffic will be bad this weekend. Just looking for some reports if anyone has fished the middle for walleye's yet. Any reports will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I trolled bottom bouncers and harnesses down stream from the north channel to the ice house, three gobies, not a walleye,,,,I dont think they are in there yet, the weeds are not up yet,,,good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(perchken @ Jul 1 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I trolled bottom bouncers and harnesses down stream from the north channel to the ice house, three gobies, not a walleye,,,,I dont think they are in there yet, the weeds are not up yet,,,good luck

Thanks for the info maybe I will just go ski trolling

·
Registered
500 Posts
They are slamming the walleyes up in Port Huron just south of the mouth of Black river to marysville using harnesses...Up past the bridge on the canadian side we are catching them on jigging spoons in 40 ft. of water.

1 oz. hopkin spoons in chrome.

Todd

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I want to try the jigging spoons. I've seen your posts on MS this time every year with using that method. Check your PM's

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Canuck @ Jul 1 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Make sure you drop anchor in the middle of the channel. LOL!!!

G'luck with the walters.

Thanks for the report I will be going over to Sarnia thur. night I will have to see if my cousin wants to take his boat out for some eye's.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(Canuck @ Jul 1 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Make sure you drop anchor in the middle of the channel. LOL!!!

G'luck with the walters.

I will have to drop anchor in the middle right next to Brown's to have fun with all of the Rodney Dangerfields out there this weekend "You scratched my anchor" lol

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
i was thinking that if i threw 2 anchors and got sid ways in the channel with 4 planner boards i would catch me a really big boat with a drunk guy trying to blow past me

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks for the report--I think I might head out that way

QUOTE(ToddS @ Jul 1 2009, 11:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>They are slamming the walleyes up in Port Huron just south of the mouth of Black river to marysville using harnesses...Up past the bridge on the canadian side we are catching them on jigging spoons in 40 ft. of water.

1 oz. hopkin spoons in chrome.

Todd

·
Registered
40 Posts
QUOTE(offthehook @ Jul 1 2009, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Going to try the Middle Channel for the first time this year. Will be out this weekend for some walleye early morning and late in the day I know boat traffic will be bad this weekend. Just looking for some reports if anyone has fished the middle for walleye's yet. Any reports will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

i tried middle channel a couple weeks ago. 1 eye and a few bites. not real good then. maybe better now. i had a bad day that day. ran out of gas on lake. luckily i had a good trolling motor! caught a ton of huge smallys on my way in to selfrige....

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
QUOTE(Islandmon @ Jul 1 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jul 1 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>where is there a launch in that area?

There's a no pay DNR launch kitty corner from Browns. Just go over the bridge and it's on the right.

The DNR launch in Algonac is also convenient to the Middle Channel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts