Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Saw the fire from nine mile must of burned for about a half hour. Just saw the news on T.V. it was a Trojan boat not sure on the size, looked about 32 ish . I'm not sure of the name of the boat but I thought I heard on the ship to shore the golden odessey .

·
Registered
262 Posts
I went thru the channel about 5 minutes before the fire, looked back and saw all the black smoke. Heard on the radio the flames where about 30 feet high, burning out of the engine hold. 8-10 boat where around the fire it trying to assist, not sure if they put it out or just let it burn out, fire lasted about 15 minutes. People were in the water but I believe all of them ended up in the water and pulled onto other boats OK

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
hopefully no one was injured ,,, fire truck and ambulance came to the circle drive on harsens this afternoon too , dont know what happend there though. didnt see anyone being taken, but they had flasherson when they arrived.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Aug 24 2003, 11:19 PM)hopefully no one was injured ,,, fire truck and ambulance came to the circle drive on harsens this afternoon too , don't know what happened there though. didn't see anyone being taken, but they had flasherson when they arrived.
You must have been anchored near me.....Saw that, too. Don't think that was related to the fire, though. Too far apart. The news said there was something suspicious about that boat fire.....

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Saw the smoke from muscamoot, could tell it was about the mouth of the middle channel, black smoke... figured it was a boat burning. Then saw the tow boats there upon leaving the moot, and on the news at 10pm.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Heard about it the fire on the radio coming down the South Channel, saw the smoke when we got closer to Gull. Looked terrible.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Just had the following emailed me this morning.......

Attachments

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
and.............

Attachments

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
and then...........

forgot the picture

·