Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the lake up again today with Soule. Ended up gettin on the water about 515, and off by 9. We fished from 11 - 18FOW along the mile roads, mainly out from 400club. I casted mepps (rbt, firetiger, gold) and lipless/lipped cranks (chrome, chartreuse, sexyshad). Ryan used lipless, tubes, and drop shotting. We got three fish in the boat total. I lipped a 3lb12oz smallie and a 10" largemouth while Ryan got an 8" rockie. He had a nice smallie on, but threw the bait at the side of the boat. Chrome lipless seemed to work best today for me, as the water was nice and clear. Plenty of floating weeds, pretty much picking them off on every cast..but well worth the trip on the water. Water was 74 degrees.

Sky Vertebrate Water Fisherman Hat

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nice fish Papa Smurf. Man, the bite seems to really have slowed. I fished the same area 6 times this spring and early summer and we would have 20-30 fish in 5 hours (mostly largies). But I guess any day on the water is better than a day at work (where I am now). Nice job, nice fish. I'll be there Saturday AM, hopefully with a nice report to follow!!

Zak

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
damn jay, thats a healthy lookin pig.

better luck next time soule, that bass is out there waitin for you, rockies are usually fun to catch though.

i finally went and bought a Mepps, so far, i like it quite a bit. and i definitely will be getting more.

nice catch fellas

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh I love using Mepps..glad to know you got one. Id suggest getting firetiger, rainbow trout (chrome, pink, blue), gold next...all in either #4 or #5 blades...make sure you got that connected to a ball bearing swivel or else you'll get line twist like no other. I learned that lesson the hard way...those mepps spin like crazy and the fish love them LOL We'll have to get out there together Pat, but keep in mind...imma velcro your stuff down so it doesnt go in the drink.

·
Registered
735 Posts
thanks. i had a great time, even tho i lost the fish at the boat, i still got to see it and that was all that mattered, just to know we were in an area that contained some fish. look forward to next trip jay.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
haa, to funny, and anytime bro!!! as for the phone, it was a lesson learned.
thats no joke either, i noticed my line twisting on my first cast. and i bought a 3 instead of a 4, but i think ill have a variety soon enough. lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts