Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Any marina that you can get into with direct access by walking in from the lake is public water to fish on the ice.

What you cannot do is climb over rocks and cross private land to get in. Saw a couple guys get kicked out yesterday after they hopped over the seawall and walked in from the parking lot. That is a huge no-no.

·
Registered
550 Posts
You can access it from the lake but I dont think that is a good idea right now because of the ice.
Was down there about a week ago and there are no fishing and no trespassing signs posted all over.
I know they had a few incidents there last year,so I would say forget about trying to drive back there.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I know about 2 weeks ago somebody went through, I think it was the coast guard and busted up all the ice in to the boat launch. I have no idea why but I wouldnt be so quick to trust them canals yet

·
Registered
61 Posts
QUOTE(Flatlandfishing @ Jan 2 2010, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The ice there is fine now (in that canal) the coast guard did bust it up but my fat @ss was on it last tuesday
now that is the most acurate ice thickness report I ever heard . nice job Flatlandfishing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts