Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mini.
I picked up my rods yesterday thanks, the Zell Rowland top water is one awsome rod ,can't wait till this weakend I will be going out for the first time..

Mac did you go to the F.L.W tourny yet ? I have not seen a posting about it yet, or did I miss it?
Mac will you be fishing the fed. this, year if so could you bring a pin or two I would love you to do my handles on my all-star rods...

bob

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Yeah,.....fished the FLW on Beaver last week....had a lowsy week!!..LOL
....major cold front shut everything down!!
Snowed down there tuesday!!! Weds (1st tourney day) it was 28deg when we left in the morning,...mid 40's by days end!
Thursday we had a 2hr fog delay....temps never got above low 50's....warmest water we found in 2 days was 55deg!
Larry Nixon caught 1 fish in 2 days.....LOTS and LOTS of Pro's caught 1-3 fish total in 2 days and well over half of the co-anglers "zeroed" both days including me!! As a "back seater" in the boat, it's hard enough under good conditions but when you fish in conditions like that,..it's even harder to be affective. No big deal though,...I made some contacts down there that could pay off in MUCH bigger ways than catching a limit!!..LOL
Anyway,.....as far as the MBCF,..No, I won't be fishing that circuit this year,.....I'll be at the State Championship in Sept. but other than that, I'm only fishing the GNT Weds. night series and I'm spending my weekends on "Clair and Erie and Det.Rvr. looking for new water and doing something I haven't done in years,.........PLEASURE fishing and scouting new water!!!!.....If I find good fish...maybe I'll enter an "Open".....but I'm not committed to anything this year other than Weds.nights. Last year I had no time to pre-fish and it showed when I fished tournaments.......this year I'm practicing ALL the time and entering a tournament ONLY if I'm on'em!!!....So, if you see me at an open in the morning,....consider me a threat!!!...ahaahhhah

I'll be up in your 'hood sometime this summer anyway...I'll callya!! Seeya then BigDog!!
Mac

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
Hey Mac,

Kind of echoes a feeling I had when fishing Beaver Lake as a Co-Angler in an EverStart tourney a couple of years back. Very cold then too, as I remember. Had some good draws, though, and both of my partners made the cut to the money day. But some darned cold and slow fishing for someone from the Northland looking forward to an early, warm spring fishing trip. What a beautiful place to fish though, right? Gorgeous bluff cliffs, waterfalls, crystal clear water.......would trade St. Clair for that in a minute...........

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
..It was beautiful Jig,...no doubt!! Very hard to concentrate though for 3-4days in a row when you're not getting bit AT ALL!!!...LOL!!!....Neither of my Pro's made the cut,......infact my first day Pro caught 1 fish,...and my 2nd day Pro (from Japan) caught 5 over the 2 days (2 with me) but they were all small!! It was very tough....for everyone EXCEPT Dan Morehead!!...ahahah......he's a STUD!!!! I hope it get's better at Kentucky Lk. in May,.....I'll be fishing that one too!!
Can't wait!!

Seeya soon dude!!
Mac

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
You're KILLIN' me Mark.....we need to hook up for Gumbo soon...we need to catch up on the happenin's!!!! Call me!!
Mac

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi mac
I will be at the state championship to,maybe we can hook up then . you are doing what I need to do, take a break and learn new water,I spend to much time tournament fishing I don't get a lot of time to practise. ( or is that donate my money) ha ha ...........

bob

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Amen Brutha!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts