Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with the water levels up this season, has anybody tried to sneak a bigger boat into Little Muscamoot? Seems there should be a spot or 2 for boats that draft 3 feet.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE"Still looking for the signs in the lake that say "shallow water"..."

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
There are bigger boats getting back there. I have seen them. Also in Fisher Bay as well. I am seriously considering putting together (instead of Gull Island) a Fisher/Goose Bay overnighter this year. I know some people might not want to go back in there and take the chance but man, I am telling you it will be no problem to get back there. As far as the Zman crowd moving, I don't think that will ever happen. There are way too many A to B boaters that know their path into the bay too well to change. Besides I don't think the Sheriff would allow Zman to move.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I would LOVE to get back into Little Muscamoot again to party! I love how it's secluded. Can't believe it's been 10/11 years since we've been able to get back in there.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Getting into little moot is pretty easy. The worst part is directly out from the cut to Walkers. If you can manage to get over that sandbar you should be good to go. I read depths of almost 5 feet in parts of little moot earlier in the spring.

A south wind helps tremndously....pushes more water in the bay.

·
Registered
701 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 08:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There are bigger boats getting back there. I have seen them. Also in Fisher Bay as well. I am seriously considering putting together (instead of Gull Island) a Fisher/Goose Bay overnighter this year. I know some people might not want to go back in there and take the chance but man, I am telling you it will be no problem to get back there. As far as the Zman crowd moving, I don't think that will ever happen. There are way too many A to B boaters that know their path into the bay too well to change. Besides I don't think the Sheriff would allow Zman to move.

There were lots of boats in Fisher Bay all weekend just like old times There were (2) 38ft. boats in the north end Goose Bay overnight..

Attachments

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
We saw several bigger boats come out of Fisher Bay yesterday

We were as far back in Goose Bay and still standing in waste deep water.

I had 6.5 -- 8 foot reading all the way back

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
That's it! Anyone up for Fisher Bay this weekend? I say, let's DO IT.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 09:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's it! Anyone up for Fisher Bay this weekend? I say, let's DO IT.

It's been pretty crowded in Fisher Bay the last few weekends. You will have no problems with depth, lots of big boats have been back in there. Alot of PWC's hang out in there, so be prepared to have them running circles around your boat. That doesn't bother me much, except when they get too close. The water's warm!

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I can cut through from Walkers to da moot, been through there a few times this year and probably trim up into Little muscamoot and be fine.

I'm off the weekend 25-26 Bill I hope that's when there some overnight plans? If the boat don't sell had a low offer yesterday.

·
Registered
954 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As far as the Zman crowd moving, I don't think that will ever happen. There are way too many A to B boaters that know their path into the bay too well to change. Besides I don't think the Sheriff would allow Zman to move.

I hope he moves his group to Macomb County

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Jul 14 2009, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Getting into little moot is pretty easy. The worst part is directly out from the cut to Walkers. If you can manage to get over that sandbar you should be good to go. I read depths of almost 5 feet in parts of little moot earlier in the spring.

A south wind helps tremndously....pushes more water in the bay.

We just need a few dingle berries to go through there several times with their boats~
Wash some of that bar right out!
QUOTE(Gary864 @ Jul 14 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As far as the Zman crowd moving, I don't think that will ever happen. There are way too many A to B boaters that know their path into the bay too well to change. Besides I don't think the Sheriff would allow Zman to move.

right up unto shore.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
QUOTE(Gary864 @ Jul 14 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As far as the Zman crowd moving, I don't think that will ever happen. There are way too many A to B boaters that know their path into the bay too well to change. Besides I don't think the Sheriff would allow Zman to move.

I didn't think the Zman needed the Sherriff's permission to move, as a matter of fact, I heard the Sherriff actually needs the Zmans permission to patrol the moot....

Zman runs the moot.....

Attachments

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Mini @ Jul 14 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(threecrabs @ Jul 14 2009, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We just need a few dingle berries to go through there several times with their boats~
Wash some of that bar right out!

Um, NO! fish spawn there

I joke! I joke! It was kind of a pot shot at certain boaters that don't seem to be bothered by sand bars or other objects in their path.

·
Registered
954 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Jul 14 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Gary864 @ Jul 14 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As far as the Zman crowd moving, I don't think that will ever happen. There are way too many A to B boaters that know their path into the bay too well to change. Besides I don't think the Sheriff would allow Zman to move.

I didn't think the Zman needed the Sherriff's permission to move, as a matter of fact, I heard the Sherriff actually needs the Zmans permission to patrol the moot....

Zman runs the moot.....

Ouch LOL

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(Goose @ Jul 14 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Gary864 @ Jul 14 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Convincor @ Jul 14 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As far as the Zman crowd moving, I don't think that will ever happen. There are way too many A to B boaters that know their path into the bay too well to change. Besides I don't think the Sheriff would allow Zman to move.

Zman runs the moot.....

I had to scroll back up and look twice, I figured Snowmaker posted that image.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts