LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday, Friday???? Please let me know. Bob

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Bob,

I dont think I will be fishing for a while....

I was involved in a terrible accident Sunday eve on my ride from the launch in AuGres to the campground in Pinconning. I fell asleep at the wheel with boat in tow from an exhausting and very unproductive day on the lake.

Hit a ditch and driveway, telephone pole about 7 feet in the air, launched the boat off the trailer and rolled the truck. I am lucky to be alive as my partner and I walked away from this relatively uninjured. I have an extremely sore shoulder (x-rays proved no broken bones) and a few cuts and bruises (no stitches).

You can see from the following photos how lucky I really was to get out of this alive. Let it be a warning to all to wear your seat belts and NO MATTER HOW FAR YOU HAVE TO GO...IF YOU ARE TIRED, PULL OVER AND GET SOME REST OR LET SOMEONE ELSE DRIVE!!!!!! I was only a mile from the campground when this happened....

Mini

·
Registered
45 Posts
OMG, you are both fortunate. How did the boat fare? I almost fell asleep at the wheel a couple years ago.......scary experience for sure. Perhaps a little fishing would get your spirits up?

I bet your batteries were all charged up for awhile after it happened!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Was that your Yamaha in the background one of the shots?

Glad to hear that neither of you were seriously injured.

·
Registered
76 Posts
HOLY CATS!!!!!
Glad you guys are OK, learned that lesson many years ago. If you are tired PULL OVER!!!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~><> AL

·
Registered
206 Posts
John,

Really Really sorry that you had this happen. Really Really happy that you and your partner weren't seriously injured.

Get healed quickly and get back "on the horse"!!!

Dave

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Ever so happy you and your buddy escaped virtually unharmed, And ever so sorry to hear that horrible story. Hope you heal quickly. I wish you all the best on a speedy recovery. If there's anything I can do please let me know. Take care mini and if's there's anything you need just ask.

h2o

·
525 Posts
Sorry to here about what happened to your truck and boat. I am glad you guys were not injured badly. Hope you get back on the water soon. Let me know if you want to go out so time.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
John,
Sorry to here about your accident but glad to hear that you and your partner are ok. From the looks of things it could have been alot worse. Someone must be watching over you.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Yes that is my Yamaha in the background.....boat was thrown from the trailer and landed on the nice soft grass with minor damage to the nose. The bow stand stayed attached and the trolling motor was ripped off from the power lines.....

I am one lucky SOB.....

Mini

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
The pictures look much worse on here than on your palm pilot Mini.

Sobering, to say the very least.

I'm soooooooo happy you're still here & that you are ok.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Shandog @ Jul 23 2003, 10:27 AM)
The pictures look much worse on here than on your palm pilot Mini.

Sobering, to say the very least.

I'm soooooooo happy you're still here & that you are ok.

Me too!

Mini

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mini, holly cow batman&#8230; thank god you both walked away. I hope everything goes well and I'm sure you'll be back on the water in no time!

Steve J.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mini and Don, glad to hear that you two are ok!! I'm sure that you both are now counting your blessings!

On a lighter note ... Ya gotta like how the GMC held together!!

B. Sump

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
John,

What can I say but thank the God's for watching over you two. Second, thanks for sharing the experience. Your posting may save someone's life. We have all fished hard and been bone tired after a long day. I don't get to the MOOT very often but I will pass by this weekend. If I see ya, you got a couple of pops coming. Wow, what an experience to go through.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts