Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k guys, i usually just use a regular bucket, but i am looking for a top notch aeriated bucket to use, as i will be up at Burt Lake from saturday till sunday, something to keep them lively and not die within a hour!
what do u all use as far as that? i have been looking at places and alot are ranging from 50 - 65$ which is not a problem, just want to make sure i am spending my money wisely.

hope to you all could give me suggestions and where to purchase asap, thanks

Dave

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sorry, I don't have much experience with that kind of bucket. My minnow bucket is 20 feet long, has a little motor on the front, a big motor on the back, and cost a lot more than that. But, it is very well aerated and will keep em alive for a very long time.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have a 11 quart aerated bucket made by Cool Bubbles that keeps them lively all day in the warmest weather. Just put fresh water in a few times during the day. It runs on 2 "D" batteries. I purchased mine at Bass Pro Shop for at $35, however I'm sure they are available elseware also.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I use a 5 gallon cooler, like the ones you can get at K-mart, Wal-mart, etc. for around $7-10, and a 2 D cell airator from Lakeside, $13. Put some ice or freezer packs in there and your minnows are good all day. Works good on the "hard water" too. Of course I had to drill a hole the the cooler at the top for the hose, but some marine goop inside and out takes care of any leakage.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Give oxygen tablets a try, there fantastic, talk about super charged minnows. Just ask where you get your minnows.

h2o<---says they really work grrrrrr 8.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help guys, i bought the cool bubbles at lakeside tonight along with oxygen tabs.
cant wait to try it out, heading to burt lake and hopefully towards walleye, perch and pike!.
nothing like watching your bobber with sucker on it, slowly move to the side and dip downward!

a little fishing report for ya, shore fishing sunday near south river road, lots of bass on worms, up to 3 lbs, sheephead, silver bass, carp, extremely egg filled bullhead, perch, sunfish, bluegill and of course, Rock Bass.
apparantly the bad weather did not effect the fish! even though i had to fish through floating logs!!
all were caught within 10 feet of the seawall

1 - 6 of 6 Posts