Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone else that is getting the smallmouth itch? It is only january and I miss bass fishing so much that I have to resort to playing it on playstation 2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
yes, I miss catching bass. I've been catching them on PS2 also. The game is awesome. I got it for Christmas from my girlfriends son.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
I'm missing them - have a strong urge to sort my tackle boxes - but I'm still working on my normal annual winter 'repair my marriage' deal...

[ 01-06-2003, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: djkimmel ]

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
I think after lunch I'll mosey on up to the top of the tank here at work and hook me a couple 6lb smallies....one of the perks!!!!

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Oh boy.....those toads look hungry too....

·
Registered
424 Posts
If I had my boat back from Wonderland it would be in the garage and I would be sitting in it reminiscing about the ones that got away.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have been having this dream of wandering around LSC casting and casting and not catching anything. Oh wait, that is actually my real memories. That is not a dream, it is a nightmare. OH the humanity

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
You guys are all crazy. Gregg M you will get a fifty inch Muskie right by your house this year and forget all about Bass

·
Registered
218 Posts
I too have been practicing my casting, along with my 11 yr old. We stand in the living room pitching jigs and tubes into a BPS 10 pounder. Not only are we having fun at getting ready to fish, we get to watch football at the same time.
I used to be able to beat him at this game with no sweat, but now he's got his own baitcaster combo and has been pretty competitive. Plus to drown the winter/cabin fever for bass, I got lucky enough to be drawn as an amateur in 2 BASS events, Lake Seminole and Toledo Bend.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Cool!! I'm fishing 2 FLW's as a co-angler too,..Beaver Lk. in April and Kentucky Lk. in May.
We'll have to share "experiences"....should be fun! Lookin' forward to fishing the spawn in both cases....hope I don't get front-ended tooo bad!!! LOL!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Like I told you Gregg, I'm going to hook you up with some smallies and you will probably catch some bonus muskies by accident. I caught about a dozen while fishing for bass in 2001, it's awesome watching them trash a topwater bait. Using a tube, many toothy critters cut me off on the hookset and I never get to see them.

Mark

·
Registered
371 Posts
BassCat,

I can't wait. 4 months and 9 days until I legaly fish for smallies again (champlain). The bay is finally almost all frozen over. Very little open water.

Gregg

·
Registered
927 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by livetofish:
Is there anyone else that is getting the smallmouth itch? It is only january and I miss bass fishing so much that I have to resort to playing it on playstation 2.
i just got a puppy. so what i have been doing in tying her toys to my line and casting in the yard and reeling her in. she weighs 5 lbs ( definatley a keeper ) and puts up a great fight. this will have to do until ice out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ken,

Where do I drop off a resume for a job like that?? I would be satisfied just watching one of those smallies slurp in a tube or some such thing!
Although I don't know if I'm qualified enough to do that, I'm only a lowly illustrator for GM!!!!
Actually that Musky in there looks like he'd put up a tussle!

[ 01-09-2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: Crestliner18 ]

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Mr. Muskie has almost doubled in size since we put him in there. He dines on 3lb rainbow trout!!!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I'm not normally on these boards... sorry guys, but the "missing smallmouth" has a whole different meaning to those of us who haven't found the way to fishing yet...

couldn't resist!

Have a good day...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts