Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be heading up to Mitchells Bay in a few weeks can anyone help with what the water temps are now or might be. Has there been any kind of fishing reports that anyone can help with.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Temps will change drastically in the next few weeks.....

I usually wont point someone away from here, but Bass Haven has a great website....

Mini

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know where we might end up but someone told me the place to go is an area called Light House for Wallies

·
Registered
57 Posts
the lighthouse is the mouth of the Thames river...walleye
can be caught west of the two mile marker as well as
toward St.Lukes 10-12'....worm harnesses tend to produce the most....water temps right now I have to think are in low 50's at Mitchell's Bay. Male Largemouth have started to build in the Ligthouse canals(high 50's low 60's)so with that being said I would have to say the lake out front of the thames witch is spilling dirty
water from the rain is in the high 40's and low 50's. Hope this info helps.....tight-lines!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks big"D" it helps. How about the Pike , can anyone help for some locations on bigger fish? Is there a web sight for water temps and lake conditions. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
basshavencanada.com is a good site then go to old swamp board for info/requests on water temps.

For Pike in a couple weeks ....I'd look at fishing inside all the main dropoffs(2'-8') in "the bay"......also if you have a waplole licsence there's endless....bays,channels, rivers
etc to try.....the east shore ..St.lukes area might produce if you can find
a school of perch.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any new updates on water conditions around Mitchells Bay? Or any Fishing Reports, I'll be up on the 22nd

·
Registered
57 Posts
from the swampmaster........

"......Gale force winds, from SW to NW have turned the lake to chocolate slop!.....The good thing is that it is calm today and forecast winds are light from the East quarter thru the weekend!.....St.Clair will clean and warm back up quickly!.....Water temp is 52'F and backwaters will be warmer in this bright sun!

BTW.....The South shore, from the mouth of the Thames to Stoney Point should be the place for Walleye action this weekend...and some of our best fishing there has been on East winds! .....Start drifting/casting shallow in milky water with go-getters, 1/4oz. Erie Dearies, Drift rigs or split-shot Crawler Harnesses!!!

Another spot you ask???.....How about 3-7' of milky water from Tic-Tac to St.Luke's.....or the same off Bradleys'!!!.....Hang on cause there's some huge Channel Cats in those last 2 spots that just love the color "RED"!.....Oh yea!...and big fat juicy night crawlers for everything...and we got 'em plus the Dearies, go-getters and drift rigs, etc!

Play Safe! "

Hope this helps!!!.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts