Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, seen on here a little bit that its been firing up, but ive heard more by mouth just the last 4 days that is gettin good. been there once last year, but havnt made it yet this year...Hoping someone is maybe headin that way, and wouldnt mind a tag along. Got all my own gear, Inhanced liscense, just gotta snag a fishin liscense on the way over on the ferry, or at the bait shop. and yes the mc ferry is open, i live inbetween algonac and mc. I even have a descent portable on a sled that might work, i just dont have a machine 2 get out there. Hoping someone else is in my shoes, but just has the other pieces of the puzzle 2 make a team. lol 24 yr old, been fishin all over here lk.st.clair, and havnt really killed em' like mitchells and I wanna go! please feel free to IM back on here, or even call or text my cell. I'll leave 2 go tomorrow am if u want! lol thanks, n good luck out there, the ambulance was at the blue water bait ramp today when i was walkin in around noon, just hope everyone keeps safe out there!

Russ 586-484-9067

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol im about to walk out and say forget bringing someone and a machine. u need 2 take the ferry to canada, but i heard that they wont ferry u out there anymore. But I dunno. last year i fished anywhere from 2 to 7 miles out, so ya, thats kinda a walk. but right now i dont think there 2 far out, maybe a mile or 2 3 max?...not too sure all u need is ur enhanced drivers liscense, and of course a canadian liscense u can buy while ur on the marine city ferry heading across, or at the bait shop. think im gunna drive over there, and walk out, prolly wed, thursday the latest. after i get the report from a couple guys tomorrow i know who r goin over there. its only a 15 min ferry ride to canada, from marine city, and maybe a 20 min ride from there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They run a ice taxi service out of the bay.Costs 5$.It will take you and your shanty out to the pack of people out in 10-12 ft of water.Fishins been a bit slow,but still some limits coming in.Hope this helps.Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya thanks grew, i think im just gunna take myself over there, n pay the 5 bucks 2 have them take me out. better then loadin up the 4 wheeler, payin for insurance for it and all that jazz. only question now is....how can they taxi u in?...lol do they?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweeeeet. now how do i tell my buddy i dont wanna go to cotton road tomorrow cuz i wanna go try my luck in mitchells........lol guess i'll put one more day out there, today was gettin better. the am should be the best im hopin, its gettin one last shot before i go canada! lol thanks 4 the help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya i kinda tried lookin that up, but ive only been there once, i know where the dead end is, where the bait shop is, and i park my truck on the ice. other then that, im blind out there. some posts said the tree line should b out by now...so i dunno, i figure if i cant get a ride, i just walk out as far as i can before i have a stroke, and set up shop there for the day.lol there different names for a couple spots out there, the swamp, and like 2 others atleast ive heard about, but not positive if its a local/canadan slang that were not suppose to pick up on, or i just dont know enough yet. i wana get there as much as possible, and learn what i can. I dont even have a gps to mark a hole 4 miles out there if i do well, so i dunno kinda silly i guess. is the swamp like 2-4 miles out to the left?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was over there the past 4 weekends. had to go thru Port Huron 3 of the 4 times though with the ferry being shut down... The Sombra started running about the time I got home on Sunday.

Fishing has been fair to good, with only a poor day for me this past Sunday. The tree's are out, but lots of people making some long runs. Was probably 5 - 6 miles "Away" this past weekend. But have seen some large groups at the end of the tree lines, which wouldn't be a bad walk if you didn't pull a shanty.

Hope the info helps.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Go out of Lukes....www.lakeshoremarina.org They run a taxi too. Bigger fish over there than Mitchells. Use chrome spoons with green bead.

Have them take you to at least the end of the tree line. Poof the bottom with the spoon to get them going. Morning bite is best.

ToddS

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ya all that helps alot guys, appreciate it. im gunna call them guys at lakeshore marine to make sure there is a taxi, before i drive all the way over there hoping to catch a ride out with me gear. worse comes to work, i walk out to the end of the tree line that i guess is a mile and a half out. should b no prob for a 24 year old even hauling my shanty. too bad i smoke a pack a day, and prolly gunna have a heart attack tryin to get out there!lol o well, im doin it, tomorrow am, maybe thursday, so i'll b the guy walkin out all by himself. lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
I fished that side yesterday and heard that St Lukes access was shut down due to bad ice at access. We ran our quad from Mitchells to Lukes and fished from 9am to 2pm. We brought home 60 fish between 2 of us. Ranges from 8" to 13" fish. Copper spoon with red plastic bead was ticket. We had to work for them. 2 to 5 keepers per hole than nothing. I will hope to attach a picture of yesyerdays catch but not sure if I am able to. I will try. www.Skunked.ca is another site that is trustworthy.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.