Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went out this morning in a buddy's boat and we did pretty good landing a mixed bag of perch, sunnies, gills ad bass. Even got a large dogfish. We fished along the edges of the middle channel in 9-12 FOW. Caught a lot of dink perch, but caught some really nice ones too up to 11 inches. The largest bass was a smallie at about 4 pounds. Few large mouths too, and some giant gills and sunnies.

Caught fish on worms and minnows alike, and a few bass on rubber creatures baits and a few on drop shots with minnows. Had a great day out there, and came in earlier than expected due to some really dark clouds coming towards us, but we beat any rain in to shore, so we do not know if it rained there or not. May be back out there tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
82 Posts
Great catch lggyw!
And glad you guys beat the rain.
Hope you get out there again today and tear em up.
Check out new member FishFinder1 nice smallie He caught in his thread titled 'Small Mouth'.

Since I can't get up that way for now...you guys are makin me jealous.;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Howdy Iggy - I might have seen you out there on Saturday - we were mostly just out for a ride but couldn't resist
dropping a crawler when we hit the middle channel....I think I was drifting a bit too fast but picked up a couple of short
walleye and a descent small mouth - everything on bottom bouncers with big fat crawlers - I was close to the center but
wasn't really paying attention to the depth - the walleye were close to where the channel dumps into the lake. I hope to give it a shot next weekend.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Went out this morning in a buddy's boat and we did pretty good landing a mixed bag
Hi Iggyw. Just like you, I sometimes enjoy catching a mixed bag. I caught a few walleye this day but also liked having this 21 inch sheepshead pull some drag for a while. Also caught a largemouth ........... all on a paddletail minnow while jigging.(y)
Water Sky Boat Cloud Blue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts