Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of us will be trolling for Wallies behind Ginos around Metro. Ill be on channel 69. If you wanna say hi or swap some fishing info.

We will on the water around 4:00 until sundown.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
It was beautiful all day, perfect all the way until we left the dock. We trolled for about 3 hours fighting the wind, using the electric trolling motor really complicated things. Finally my friend Max shows up. Right around sun down. We tie up and join him for a couple of beers. My friend Todd being a novice fishermen refused to quit. Him he was casting a worm harness then he just let it hang over the side. Bammo he got a good 12 inch Perch,
then a Sheephead, then another Perch,
after the second perch I got off my a$$ and joined him.

GOOD NEWS

We caught about 12 Perch in one hour after dark and not one of them were under 10 inches..... Well Im a little bummed cuz we didnt catch any Walleye
How ever nothing beats drinking beers with good friends and catching fish.
Ill be smiling in my sleep all night long....

·
Registered
5 Posts
cbj,

glad to hear you got your boat back and its sea worthy, I have been taking mine down to lake erie for the eyes and limited out twice.

G

·
Just recently purchased a used 1990 16' Sylvan Pro Fish and tested it last night. Used the trolling motor but found it difficult to use with the wind. Glad to see it was not only me having issues with this. I am learning as I go. Did catch some Rock Bass/ Perch. Glad to catch some in my new(used) boat.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Canuck @ Jun 17 2003, 09:48 AM)warthog,

were you trolling harnesses or crankbaits? what colors and how
fast was your speed? tks!
Chartuese Worm harnesses, I tried to go 1.5 but I was more concerned with keeping the lines straight. It was rough, I could barely find time to have a beer
But when we got on maxes boat and dropped anchor, Im glad Todd kept on trying cuz we had a good hour of hitting big perch. Perfect ending to a rough day on the water.

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(CBJ @ Jun 17 2003, 10:18 AM)QUOTE(Canuck @ Jun 17 2003, 09:48 AM) warthog,

were you trolling harnesses or crankbaits? what colors and how
fast was your speed? tks!
Chartuese Worm harnesses, I tried to go 1.5 but I was more concerned with keeping the lines straight. It was rough, I could barely find time to have a beer
But when we got on maxes boat and dropped anchor, Im glad Todd kept on trying cuz we had a good hour of hitting big perch. Perfect ending to a rough day on the water.
Ooopps Sorry,

Yeah my friend said well now we know when to fish for Perch right after dark.
I told him it doesnt work that way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
canuck,

slow trolling harnesses with b,b, in 20-24 fow. speed about 1.5 on gps. color did not seem to matter. out from sterling state park.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts