Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
So my mother has recently moved in with me. She'll be here for about another week and a half, then she'll be off to FLA. for the winter. It's great mostly. She does laundry, cleans everything way way better than I ever will be able to, dishes, windows.... everything........ with bleach.

Here's the issue.

As I start to make something small to eat, she comes in the kitchen and tells me to go watch TV and she'll take care of it. I told her no I just wanted something small because I already ate and wasn't hungry. She said ok. 10 minutes later, she comes out with a plate that has battered and pan fried cod, some sort of oil and spiced linguine, with home made tomato bread, and a separate plate of salad with all the veggies.
I protested that I just wanted a little.
Her response was, it is only a little.
After I finished eating, she walked out of the kitchen and took my plate. In the same motion of taking my plate, she hands me a saucer with a piece of cherry cheese cake.

Everything was yum yum yummy, but I don't eat those quantities any more.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 20 2009, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There are worse problems than having your mom cook for you.

One thing though.

What if Breadonna can't cook as well as mom??

No problem. FIL knows a thing or two!

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Oct 20 2009, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had to tell Bill to cut down on how much he cooks, my goodness I ballooned out! He would make breakfast on the weekend and my plate was filled enough to feed three people!
Feel free to share next time.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Oct 19 2009, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So my mother has recently moved in with me. She'll be here for about another week and a half, then she'll be off to FLA. for the winter. It's great mostly. She does laundry, cleans everything way way better than I ever will be able to, dishes, windows.... everything........ with bleach.

Here's the issue.

As I start to make something small to eat, she comes in the kitchen and tells me to go watch TV and she'll take care of it. I told her no I just wanted something small because I already ate and wasn't hungry. She said ok. 10 minutes later, she comes out with a plate that has battered and pan fried cod, some sort of oil and spiced linguine, with home made tomato bread, and a separate plate of salad with all the veggies.
I protested that I just wanted a little.
Her response was, it is only a little.
After I finished eating, she walked out of the kitchen and took my plate. In the same motion of taking my plate, she hands me a saucer with a piece of cherry cheese cake.

Everything was yum yum yummy, but I don't eat those quantities any more.

OMG !! can we get one million more posts like this one ??? I love it !!!
oh..and do you think your mom would share her tomato bread recipe ??
I'm sure it's a pinch of this and a shake of that and a bit of whatever.
those are the BEST kind of recipes !!!

GREAT POST HAZY !! you should write !

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Pardon my chiming in, but I have to ask... is mom Italian? lol I have a wonderful girlfriend who grew up as part of a large Italian family. I swear she has something in her brain that causes her to multiply by 3 the amount of food needed to feed us with the kids. There is usually twice as much left over as we ate, and that's AFTER I ate WAY more than I should have because, of course, she's a GREAT cook and it's so good! I always ask her, when it's time to sit down to eat, "when are the other 10 people showing up to eat?" lol gotta love her, ain't no diet goin on and it shows on me for sure!

Oh, and when she has her family over - OMG! Everyone brings food and it's truly amazing, could feed a small army.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Stodge @ Oct 20 2009, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There are worse problems than having your mom cook for you.

One thing though.

What if Breadonna can't cook as well as mom??

although my mother has spent 42ish years in the food business, nothing can match Breadonna's cooking. ( don't tell mom I said that please)

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(superman @ Oct 20 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pardon my chiming in, but I have to ask... is mom Italian? lol I have a wonderful girlfriend who grew up as part of a large Italian family. I swear she has something in her brain that causes her to multiply by 3 the amount of food needed to feed us with the kids. There is usually twice as much left over as we ate, and that's AFTER I ate WAY more than I should have because, of course, she's a GREAT cook and it's so good! I always ask her, when it's time to sit down to eat, "when are the other 10 people showing up to eat?" lol gotta love her, ain't no diet goin on and it shows on me for sure!

Oh, and when she has her family over - OMG! Everyone brings food and it's truly amazing, could feed a small army.

yep, she's Italian, and exactly for the rest. For my sister in laws birthday last month, my mother said that she'd bring over a little something and we never even got to eat what my sister in law made.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Mr. Big @ Oct 20 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>OK Jabba.

just like my picture in the bay earlier this summer.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.