Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday 9/21/09 is World Alzheimer's Day. It's purpose is to raise awareness of this devistating disease and to rally for contributions toward a cure.
Wear purple to honor this important day and the brave people who have it or care for those that do.

RIP Dad (diagnosed with Alzheimer's 13 years prior to his death on 7/30/09). I love you !

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Thanks for mentioning this!!

I have bombarded LSCN before with Alzheimers stuff, my Mom was diagnosed in 2001 at the age of 54 with early onset alz. I have participated in the Alzheimers walk every year at the zoo since, and for the past 2 years the "mind over matter" 25 mile bike ride at Metro. If you dont already walk/ride, I would welcome you to join us in 2010. They are both great events and the bike ride is very rewarding.

So sorry to hear about your Dad... My Mom has been in a nursing home since 2007. She is now in late stage and has seizures about 2x a week.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
purple on monday it is for me.

Chris...I know about your mom and how young and what a healthnut she was.
So sad

My sister's MIL had about the same situation...early onset and rapid deterioration....
it is so sad to see. She's still at home because I don't think they can work out the
finances for a nursing home. So, everyone's life changes.

It is a devastating, heartbreaking disease and I pray to God that a cure is found soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.