Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rented a boat from the Bridge Monday and fished Anchor Bay from 11 to 7. Caught 13 fish all day with only one small rock bass & a perch. All 11 smallmouth were over 2lbs. with most of the fish close to 3lbs. the biggest was 4.2lbs. which my brother caught (his only smallie all day).

Almost all the fish were caught about 2 miles off the point south of Brandenburg Launch. I didn't have a depth finder but I'm pretty sure it was 10 -12 fow. Caught half the fish on three ways rigs with spottails. The other half was on tubes (smoke w/pupl-gold). Lots of follows on jerkbaits & crankbaits but no takers, even one nice musky follow.

Weather was perfect & the lake was glass, not even enough to move the boat until a storm blew through across the lake about 4pm. After the front, three to four footers made it interesting. Fun day though.............

·
Registered
203 Posts
To add to tubechucker's message. I went out at 7.... Big mistake.. took an hour to get to gull from the dnr launch. Sat out there till sun came down, almost ran into the buoy, got soaked, and barely made it back inshore. waves were horrid, visibility sucked and the wind was extremely gusty. If not the gps, i'd be fishfood...

Not a single byte by the way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts