Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out with Tom Today, fished from 7:00 to 12:00 and it was SLOW. Too many fishflies? No wind calm and dead flat. Got a few dink perch and a couple of big sheephead. They are fun on light action. Got to start hunting deeper for the bass.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Holy Sheepie, that a bigun.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
you have your canadian license ? i wanna hit the southshore one afternoon this week when less people out i could probably even leave work at 10 so can get a full day in

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 22 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>definately nice sheepie hope she was released so i can get a shot at her

just not while muskie fishing
The way you have been going this year Dennis I'm suprized ther are any fish left for the rest of us. Youve been slaying them. Still looking for my first ski of the year.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(Shagnasty @ Jun 22 2009, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(troller11 @ Jun 22 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>definately nice sheepie hope she was released so i can get a shot at her

just not while muskie fishing
The way you have been going this year Dennis I'm suprized ther are any fish left for the rest of us. Youve been slaying them. Still looking for my first ski of the year.

we cant catch em on here, but i think im about done on american side for a little bit. i been pounding it, there still some legals around but alot of small ones. a friend of mine had a 3 o clock charter today ill found out how he did tomorrow he was headed for south shore.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 22 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That looks like the one I caught yesterday

Heck of a fight on 4 lb. Fireline.That fireline is the best thing since bone less ice cream.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
QUOTE(Shagnasty @ Jun 22 2009, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Big Dog @ Jun 22 2009, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That looks like the one I caught yesterday

Heck of a fight on 4 lb. Fireline.That fireline is the best thing since bone less ice cream.

im still old school only use mono, but i dont think we ever have enough line out for stretch/sensitivity to be a factor.our lake is very shallow how much line can u let out less long line trolling then mono still isnt a factor. ive fished with people that use braid and it goes both ways somtimes they get a fish or 2 more sometimes i will. i think proper presentation of a bait is the biggest factor not the line on your reel. i dont care what you use. if you dont present it properly you probably will have more bad days then good

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
what are these freshwater drum / sheepheads you speak of????? Are they the same thing? I'm used to the saltwater variety myself. I'm sure you do not use sandflies to catch them on the lake.

·
Registered
215 Posts
QUOTE(b_radici @ Jun 23 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what are these freshwater drum / sheepheads you speak of????? Are they the same thing? I'm used to the saltwater variety myself. I'm sure you do not use sandflies to catch them on the lake.

They r the same. Just drag a crawler harness.... actually just fish for anything but them and your sure to grab a few lol. Ton's of em this year. Got 1 on a crankbait Monday!

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
QUOTE(realhunts101 @ Jun 23 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(b_radici @ Jun 23 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what are these freshwater drum / sheepheads you speak of????? Are they the same thing? I'm used to the saltwater variety myself. I'm sure you do not use sandflies to catch them on the lake.

They r the same. Just drag a crawler harness.... actually just fish for anything but them and your sure to grab a few lol. Ton's of em this year. Got 1 on a crankbait Monday!

sweet thanks

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(b_radici @ Jun 23 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what are these freshwater drum / sheepheads you speak of????? Are they the same thing? I'm used to the saltwater variety myself. I'm sure you do not use sandflies to catch them on the lake.
Same thing as a "Fugly Fish", for obvious reasons

1 - 15 of 15 Posts