Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out around 5 last night. my brother and I didn't go out too far from selfridge because we had to go back in soon and pick up a 3rd for fishing. we decided to go really shallow. In about 5 ft of water with a ton of weeds I had one follow from a smaller muskie within 3 casts. Within 10 more casts I ripped my lure to try to get some weeds off of it and a nice 40"+ hooked up. The muskie thrashed for about 10 sec and threw my lure, green and yellow shad, and and gave me a nice view of what I just missed as he swam away. after we went in and picked up our 3rd guy on the boat the water went still and nothing the rest of the night, just dead calm. Anyone do anything good last night?

·
Registered
583 Posts
QUOTE(Mukskellunge Mitchell @ Sep 1 2009, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Headed out around 5 last night. my brother and I didn't go out too far from selfridge because we had to go back in soon and pick up a 3rd for fishing. we decided to go really shallow. In about 5 ft of water with a ton of weeds I had one follow from a smaller muskie within 3 casts. Within 10 more casts I ripped my lure to try to get some weeds off of it and a nice 40"+ hooked up. The muskie thrashed for about 10 sec and threw my lure, green and yellow shad, and and gave me a nice view of what I just missed as he swam away. after we went in and picked up our 3rd guy on the boat the water went still and nothing the rest of the night, just dead calm. Anyone do anything good last night?

Was out from shore hunting 'eyes in my usual spot. Nadda. Waaaaaaaaaay to calm out there, but was still nice to be out, I guess...

K, I lied, it SUCKED! lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Took my nephews out last night, first time fishing for the most part. They got 20 jumbo perch in about two hours and then we switched over to harnesses to try and get them some walleye. Only got a nice pike and a few rockbass in about 45 minutes before dark. Water was definitely flat yesterday evening.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
Thanks for the report. I cast for musky in the same area. I havent really been out in almost a month. I had lots of follows from nice musky there and many nice hits all in 5-7' of water. Had a couple real nice fish on, but they all managed to get off before I saw them. Glad to see there still some around. Going to try to fish there this weekend a couple days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.