Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ken Here from KD Outdoors.
Terry and I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone that braved the cold and fished Saturday.
It was a fun time with old friends, new friends, and a nice brisk wind chill factor!!!

We had 18 boats show up....not a bad turnout for as cold as it was.
Our payout in CASH ended up being 98%.

We also gave over $2,000 in Prizes!!!

Oh....I almost forgot the Gourmet Lunch we had during the weigh in....we even had desert!!!

Here are the results
1st place.......Kyle Green and Scott Dobson with 23.89 and Big Bass of 5.96

2nd place......John Robiadek and Jim Clauser with 23.43 and 2nd Big Bass of 5.77

3rd place.......Rick McClauskey (sp) and Greg Daniel with 15.35 of Largeheads!!!

Great Job Guys.

Thanx to all the Sponsors who helped with this, and a big Thanx to Paul Cowan for handling the weigh in and Mini and Darren for helping out throughout the event.

Thanx also to Mike and Brandi for photographing the event.

Sponsors:

KD Outdoors
LunchMoney Lures
Bill "Mac" McElroy http://www.scalesandtales.net/web/
Nemesis Baits http://www.nemesisbaits.com/home/
Li'l Bills Trophy's
KMR Lure Design http://lipstickerlures.com/
The Blade Bait Co. http://www.blade4bass.com/
Wonderland Marine
Extreme Tackle http://www.xtremebasstackle.com/
Jeff Cox FLW
Chris Williams Green Oaks Golf Carts
Waterford Toyota
Marcel Veenstra's Guide Service
Greg Adams Freeway Sports
Sebile Baits
Koppers Live Target Lures

Sorry if I forgot anyone....and thanx again.

·
LSCN Sponsor since June 2010
60 Posts
Pictures, we clicked off over 700 pictures from pre-meeting to weigh in, even got several on the water of a few boats.......
Just could not find everyone to snap many on the water pictures........We are going to start looking them over tonight and bust
out a few in this thread.....We also will make an off site gallery to view with #'s, if anyone wants any they can submitt via the contact
page in the gallery what #'s they want and we will supply them to you.

The tournament itself was one of the best I've fished. The payout was crazy huge, everyone got something in the form of killer prizes or money, and ran smooth.

I want to throw props out to my partner Brandi, she weathered the cold, fished her butt off, did not complain one time on our run to
Gaulkers and the Sni, in the baby skeeter.....She did a great job on the photo's.....

Some photos will be available in this thread tonight, and we will get the gallery going in the next day or two....

www.brandirawks.com

Last note: for anyone whom owns a business and fished this, contact me for a free business profile video to be used on your website, google,
yahoo local search.......

Trousers Jeans Military camouflage Outerwear Smile

Attachments

·
LSCN Sponsor since 12/07
2,539 Posts
I was unable to fish this event so I went to the weigh-in to see some fish and say Hi to some friends. I was really bummed I was just a spectator after seeing everything that they were giving away. Gotta be honest and say I've never seen a TD calling out numbers after the weigh-in and giving away $100 to a lucky winner just for fishing the event. Lots of good eats, too, which I'm sure hit the spot for the guys that braved the cold and fished all day. Heck, I even got a piece of cake myself just for standing there and watching (after a little arm twisting from Mini and JoeD
).

Looked like a great event guys. Looking forward to fishing next year if you decide to do it again.

·
LSCN Sponsor since June 2010
60 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Great job guys!!! Sounds like you had a great tournament. I fished down south down by the river with in just a club tournament. we had a very time catching fish because of the muddy water. A couple guys were going to run up to Anchor Bay area hoping to find clear water, but decided not to because of the rough water. I am pretty new at tournament fishing and still trying to learn on where fish go at different times of year and different types of water. I was just wondering if any of you guys that caught fish would be willing to help a rookie learn. Like where did you catch them? What depth? What was the water clarity like. What kind of lures did you use? Anything would be helpful. I was told that Smallies don't like biting in muddy water. Well thanks and maybe next year I can join in on the fun with you all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just wanted to give my thanks to Terry and Ken for pulling this event together. What a huge success and it was great to see everyone walk away with something. I would also like to say thanks to all those who donated gifts, cash, helping hand weighing the fish, cooking the meals and taking pictures for all to enjoy. What a great group to be associated with.

Thanks for a great time! Hope to see you at next years Monster Quest...

Rick McCleskey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts