Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son had a flat the other night at work but didn't have a spare. So he drove home on it.

I will assume the rim is runied at this point. Anybody have a line on a used rim with tire that would work on a 92 deVille? I have to find out if it's a 15" or 16".

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
drove home on it ???

wow....the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree, does it ??

seriously I will ask dom..and u know Chriznat is our best source for virtually "everything"
hope he sees this. if he can't find it...no one can

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need it local, quick and cheap so no web sites, other than Craig's list. Waiting for the size needed so I can find something.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Sep 28 2009, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Need it local, quick and cheap so no web sites, other than Craig's list. Waiting for the size needed so I can find something.

car-part.com IS local. You enter your zip code and it searches all salvage yards in the area.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
There's a place on Vandyke just south of 696 west side that sells used tires. Don't know about rims it's an old gas station at the light there.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Sep 28 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>wow....the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree, does it ??

Actually he probably knew at 15 how to fix and work on cars. He bought a car without his mom knowing it and wasn't old enough to have his license. Long story short. Mom made him sell it. Smart Mom.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
Stodge, what year is the car again?

For the rim I'd search car-part.com. Put in your zip code and it will search the salvage yards.

For the tire, I'd call around and get a used tire for it. I saw the condition of the tires on his car when I looked at it a few weeks ago.. theres no use putting 1 new tire combined with 3 shitty ones!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
QUOTE(fitsus @ Sep 28 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There's a place on Vandyke just south of 696 west side that sells used tires. Don't know about rims it's an old gas station at the light there.

I'll take a look at what this place has when I leave work today. I work right down the street.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm calling on a pair of rims with tires. They are a little different size than what he has now, but if they are on the same axle it shouldn't matter.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Tig's Toy @ Sep 28 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(LakeNewbie @ Sep 28 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>wow....the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree, does it ??

Actually he probably knew at 15 how to fix and work on cars. He bought a car without his mom knowing it and wasn't old enough to have his license. Long story short. Mom made him sell it. Smart Mom.

Back then the cars didn't have computers and you could almost fit between the engine and the body, let alone reach everything. Give me a nice 76 Duster with a stright 6 any day.

·
Registered
17,155 Posts
My mom had a powder blue duster when they first came out !! hehe
kewl car...more like a tin can with wheels...but very reliable.
no frills for sure. I remember driving it anytime she'd let me.

Just a reminder....this would be a good time to get the kid a SPARE too

and...boy does this remind me of times we had with out boys and their
various cars...hehe...someday....you'll miss these times.

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
parts galore on 8 mile sells used wheels and or tires for like 10 dollars. They don't know what they have so you have to go and see if they have what you are looking for, but with the age of your sons car, I am sure they have a ton of them.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Sep 28 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>parts galore on 8 mile sells used wheels and or tires for like 10 dollars. They don't know what they have so you have to go and see if they have what you are looking for, but with the age of your sons car, I am sure they have a ton of them.
That the place at 8/Hoover?

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
QUOTE(Stodge @ Sep 28 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Sep 28 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>parts galore on 8 mile sells used wheels and or tires for like 10 dollars. They don't know what they have so you have to go and see if they have what you are looking for, but with the age of your sons car, I am sure they have a ton of them.
That the place at 8/Hoover?

yep

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.