Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to locate a used Morse E47059 108 IN steering cable for my upper helm. I've googled for it, and the good folks at Sun Up Marina checked into it for me and both answers came back the same that I have to replace the entire steering unit. The cost of replacing both units would kill the rest of my boating season so right now I have to do my driving from the lower helm until I get a replacement cable.

Anyone have a 9 foot Morse steering cable they want to sell? How about an old carver that's onyl good for parts? AAAAHHHH!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(Sheamus @ Jul 9 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I need to locate a used Morse E47059 108 IN steering cable for my upper helm. I've googled for it, and the good folks at Sun Up Marina checked into it for me and both answers came back the same that I have to replace the entire steering unit. The cost of replacing both units would kill the rest of my boating season so right now I have to do my driving from the lower helm until I get a replacement cable.

Anyone have a 9 foot Morse steering cable they want to sell? How about an old carver that's onyl good for parts? AAAAHHHH!

match it up. if not listed call Teleflex. They will tell you what you need and where to get it.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
If you want to try used parts... see the guy next door to West Marine on S River Rd...
Also.. there's a fella who scraps out old boats on 26 mile road, East of Palms.. Corner of Plank, I think (you'll see the fenced storage-yard full of boats next to a industrial-lookiing building).

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Capn Ken @ Jul 9 2009, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you want to try used parts... see the guy next door to West Marine on S River Rd...
Also.. there's a fella who scraps out old boats on 26 mile road, East of Palms.. Corner of Plank, I think (you'll see the fenced storage-yard full of boats next to a industrial-lookiing building).

I went down today only to find out that the guy next to West Marine was closed on Thursdays. I'm going to head down there tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the info on the 26 mile road place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts