Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Motorcycle Ride

3K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  Capt'n Mike 
#1 ·
Spring is in the air.
I was thinking of a motorcycle ride Saturday April 24th. Crotchrockets... Cruisers... whatever.

Who's in?

#3 ·
Would love to ride but will be in Florida that week.

I will keep you in mind for future rides Capt'n Chris.

Wolverine Harley-Davidson on Gratroit just South of Hall Road, is having a ride that Sunday 4/25.

I have a small group of friends that ride but the numbers are growing each time we put something together!

Pauline, anytime you want to go on a Ride just let me know.

#4 ·
Sounds good to me.

#5 ·
starting from where? homebrew sent a PM to get together sometime too.

I need a front tire first.

Pauligan you should be able to find a nice 80's-ish jap bike(yeah I said jap, screw being pc) for that kinda money if you can find someone to help you look for one out thataway. Have you ridden before? if your a begginner two girlyfriends of mine bought Buell Blast's last year. Really good begginer bikes 500cc, I think they paid like 3000 though. Of course one of the is 5'11" and looks kinda funny riding it. I say go find about a 400-500cc bike if your a timid beginner type or 650-750cc bike if you think you can handle it.

just do a search on www.cycletrader.com

#9 ·
QUOTE(speedfreak @ Apr 13 2004, 03:00 PM)QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Apr 13 2004, 11:54 AM) starting from where? homebrew sent a PM to get together sometime too.

I need a front tire first.

Pauligan you should be able to find a nice 80's-ish jap bike(yeah I said jap, screw being pc) for that kinda money if you can find someone to help you look for one out thataway. Have you ridden before? if your a begginner two girlyfriends of mine bought Buell Blast's last year. Really good begginer bikes 500cc, I think they paid like 3000 though. Of course one of the is 5'11" and looks kinda funny riding it. I say go find about a 400-500cc bike if your a timid beginner type or 650-750cc bike if you think you can handle it.

just do a search on www.cycletrader.com
What do you need a front tire for?!?!

Should only be on the ground at stop-lights!!!!

who you been talkin too? thats why I need one I'm not that good yet. bring the wheel up at about 20-25 in first and it comes down when I'm doing 50ish and it has to ketchup. So yeah she's kinda worn out.

But, yeah as soon as I can perfect my wheelies I'm just gonna chop off everything below the front fender, I mean really why spend the money plus the weight savings will be huge!

#11 ·
QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Apr 13 2004, 01:05 PM)
who you been talkin too? thats why I need one I'm not that good yet. bring the wheel up at about 20-25 in first and it comes down when I'm doing 50ish and it has to ketchup. So yeah she's kinda worn out.

But, yeah as soon as I can perfect my wheelies I'm just gonna chop off everything below the front fender, I mean really why spend the money plus the weight savings will be huge!
You must not be riding a Hardly Ableson, Oops, I mean Harley Davison then huh?!

Me either...........I'll get one when I get old.
OK, I AM old, but I meant REALLY old....like 60....

#12 ·
QUOTE(speedfreak @ Apr 13 2004, 03:15 PM)QUOTE(Cadmonkey @ Apr 13 2004, 01:05 PM)

You must not be riding a Hardly Ableson, Oops, I mean Harley Davison then huh?!

Me either...........I'll get one when I get old.
OK, I AM old, but I meant REALLY old....like 60....

'97 Suzuki Bandit 1200. But I'm ready to move up. I really like the new sv1000's look.

#16 ·
Sounds good to me, if you don't mind riding with an old guy on a Hardly Ableson! I got a back seat too, if anyone is interested! It comes equiped with a helmet!

Lets see, so far we've got:

Capt'n Chris
Jack
CadMonkey (if he gets off of his wallet and buys a tire!)
MAYBE Homebrew, if he finds out about it
Pauligan, if she finds a bike, or a ride...
Pamm-ee
and me, Damn Yankee

#19 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Apr 14 2004, 08:43 AM)Well, everything is in motion for me to get my bike... I just have to go through the class and it's not till May 7th.

get the bike and ride anyways. I took my class in like '96 and more than half of my class said they were old Harley riders that have been riding for years and figured they would fianlly get there liscense and learn the good techniques. just dont get pulled over.

or better yet just go get your learners permit from the secratary of state I think all you have to do is take a written test and then you can ride along with experianced adult licsenced riders. thats what my friends did. they rode with us all last summer till they got there liscence, now they dont bug me to ride with 'em as much.

#20 ·
sounds good to me. i'm in for a ride. over 700 miles logged already this year...

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm only up to 2.3542 miles so far.

Just took it out for the first time this year.

I will be there unless it interferes with boat time.

#25 ·
I got an illegal helmet, (one of those little dinky things) A sweet leater hair wrap with a whip like appearance, and a couple of floorboard/pegs from Kyeriaken. I already put them on, they look realy sweet! Now I'm going to take my stock pegs and mount them higher on the frame for some trick highway pegs! Best of both worlds baby!

Yesterday my graphic I ordered came in the mail and I applied it already. Looks sweet. It's a shooting star engulfed in flames on both sides of my tank. It covers the lame 'Shadow' decal that comes stock.

I put over 250 miles on it Friday Saturday and Sunday... I should have come out to Metro to see everyone.

#26 ·
QUOTE(Pamm-ee @ Apr 20 2004, 09:45 AM)I put over 250 miles on it Friday Saturday and Sunday... I should have come out to Metro to see everyone.
Yes you should have , been wondering where you have been.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.