Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We should start a petition to move Jobbienooner to Muskamoot bay. I'm telling you, all it would take is Mr. Z-man to go over there and the crowd would follow. Think about it. It would take all the contraversy away from Gull, and maybe we would be able to hold onto the island in the future.
Gull get's sooooo crowded, you can't even walk on it.

Z-man, any response? I would really like to hear a response from him. Face it, he is the key here. That's my belief!

Please all, let's hear some honest, to the point responses here.

(we may have to move it anyway, if the DNR take it over)

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
As long as everyone doesn't litter the bottom of the bay with beer cans and broken glass. Sounds like a great idea.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Jun 25 2003, 09:50 AM)As long as everyone doesn't litter the bottom of the bay with beer cans and broken glass.
I think that's what would happen. I love the fact that the party is over there. Lets face it Jobbienooner is rookie day to the 9th degree. I would rather all those people spend there time at gull and let them think that "gull" is the place to be. That way if any of them (rookies) do come out for a day on the lake they'll go there. We as a whole will not have to put up with them at the moot every weekend. Just listen to the Jobbienooner stories and imagine if that happened every weekend in the bay. As of right now I would bet that 30% of the people there this Friday don't even know there a better party ever weekend in the bay and I'd like to keep it that way. Maybe I'm all wrong and we should more people about the Moot but in my opion it's not the people at the nooner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've got to disagree on this one. You're looking for honest responses, and what's an internet forum without some healthy debate anyway??

If they close down Gull, the party will move to Muscamoot. There's already a smaller and better version of it there every weekend. I really wouldn't want to see a petition or anything bringing more attention to Muscamoot, because any attention will eventually turn into negative publicity and be exploited by the media and groups like the Prevention Coalition(whoever they are..) I think Muscamoot is a far more valuable boating asset than Gull Is. so I'd prefer the controversy stay there. Gull access is already on the edge of being taken away, why put the better party spot in jeopardy?

Face it, the Zman is the key here?? Hmm... Now as I recall, the Zman was one of the keys for the negative tone of the channel 4 story last year. Without the underage girl, the guy getting high, and the Zman, they wouldn't have had a negative story. He's a big part of negative publicity that Muscamoot got last year. I've said it here before, but Muscamoot is a place where a rockin party raft and families have coexisted for years. You could always anchor out from the raft and walk over to socialize without exposing your kids to it. Last year you couldn't do that because the act was louder away from the party than in the raft and you couldn't get within walking distance without having to make up an answer to "What does "The Zman licks it before he sticks it" mean?" Rock the party raft all night long, but you don't have to rock the entire bay and Harsens too. Just ask anyone who lives there how much they appreciate hearing it all day and all night long. A lot of people seem to think that he invented the party raft. There has been a party raft in the bay as long as I've been going there since the mid 90's and I know it was going on way before that. He just parks in the middle early where it would form anyway, set up the system, and claims it. If he took a Sunday and set up at Gull, there would still be a big raft at Muscamoot. I seem to recall last year when the party raft formed away from his raft and they eventually moved their boats to the main raft. I also recall the 4th of July, when everyone flocked to DJ Lou's set up in the same raft and the zman's end of the raft was kind of deserted. When given a choice...

Ok, my suggestions for the Zman - try aiming the speakers slightly down a bit and entertain the raft. That's who wants to hear it, not the people who anchor away from it. If you still think you have to broadcast to the entire bay, maybe clean it up a bit. You could post your preferences on a sign on your boat, so that people will still know but you don't have to drive everyone who doesn't want to hear it out of the bay. A sign that says "Zman licks it before he sticks it" and "a$$ up, face down, that's the way the Zman likes it" would make it clear to those in the raft, and anyone who wasn't out there last year and heard it several hundred times. I'm all for getting girls to pop their tops, but when you announce stuff like that to the entire bay, it's just going to get people to complain who don't need to know what's going on in there. As was said by many in another thread, more music, less talking. If youre going to rock the bay all night long, just friggin do it man. You don't have to tell us youre doing it every 5 minutes. Ok, that's the end of my rant...

·
Registered
991 Posts
Bill, I agree, he doesn't need to entertain the whole bay. Gull island has become pretty trashy, I would like to still be able to anchor out on Muskamoot with my kids and not have them exposed to the Zman's shenanigan's. I have pulled up anchor and moved farther away, but the bay is only so big.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
I would agree too that Z man is a little bit too much noise and I think he needs to shut up more and play more music.

I also agree that with, or without him there, you would still have a rockin' party.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was just an idea guys......

Not complaining about the Z man at all here. He has stepped up to the plate as the leader somewhat. You have to agree that if he does something or moves somewhere, most boaters will follow?!

I guess my point here is that it makes me sick to hear that I might lose Gull Island. One of my favorite things to do on the lake is sit on the island after dark, next to a quiet burning fire and watch and listen to the lull of the water on the slow moving frighters. It's such a powerful feeling. You guys have to simpathize with me on that one?!

Does anybody think if Jobbie had ever gotten so big on Gull Island that the Army would of sold the island?

I guess I'll have to save my pennies and buy some property on the South Channel someday. That's the plan anyways.

·
LSCN Sponsor
283 Posts
I think we need to keep the rookies at Gull!!!
Leave Moot for the real boaters.
We all are losing the use of our lake because of a few rude people that think they can do whatever they want whenever and wherever. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Why not do it right and make some money off this thing? I come from Wisconsin and there is a party every year put on in Lake Winnebago by the Friends of the Bouys called the Barge Party. They pull a barge to a sand bar in the lake where a bunch of people come to listen to bands and party. Think Z-man times 10. If the Channel Lights people could get together and figure out how to make some money off a party like this, they could be saved in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jun 25 2003, 09:39 AM)QUOTE(JABBERJAWZ @ Jun 25 2003, 09:50 AM) As long as everyone doesn't litter the bottom of the bay with beer cans and broken glass.
I think that's what would happen. I love the fact that the party is over there. Lets face it Jobbienooner is rookie day to the 9th degree. I would rather all those people spend there time at gull and let them think that "gull" is the place to be. That way if any of them (rookies) do come out for a day on the lake they'll go there. We as a whole will not have to put up with them at the moot every weekend. Just listen to the Jobbienooner stories and imagine if that happened every weekend in the bay. As of right now I would bet that 30% of the people there this Friday don't even know there a better party ever weekend in the bay and I'd like to keep it that way. Maybe I'm all wrong and we should more people about the Moot but in my opion it's not the people at the nooner.
I agree with Rerun

Why submit ourselves to amature, rookie, imature behavior?

I say let the nooner crowd have gull, rather than them crusing by your boat, disrespecting your boat if you are not there....Have you ever had some kids (18-22) just hanging on your boat in the cabin, drinking saying they know the owner, he said it was ok ? AND YOU WERE THE OWNER !
I think not. I could go on and on.......

We have the same group of people pretty much out there every weekend.... we all watch out for each other, and have a great, safe time..... why ruin that with the immature jobbie crowd ?

Z-man is a great asset out in the bay, he provides the atmosphere-jams..... people like that....it is fun, with the peeps that go there now,.... add jobbie nooner rookies and look out ! Trouble, Kaos, damage to boats, just not a good idea. Lets face it, jobbie nooner isn't knowere what it used to be, and it is by a certain few, tainted.
YOU'VE ALL SEEN THE 21 yr old drunk, pi$$ed off guys, throwing there testosterone around, fighting with any and everybody, just because there girlfrind said hi to someone, or something along those lines....(immature)
Would you like to see this in the moot every weekend ?
I wouldn't....we are running out of places for good peeps like us to hang on our boats, why invite the pests, and buttholes over to it, show them what there missing so they ruin our fun.
Just my .02

·
Registered
228 Posts
Lets face It Gull ,Is NO more ...I remember 1 year a go on this site yous advertised j/b. Why? Now that were family orientated site (which is great) dont knock the boaters that enjoy j/b. Either way we all know j/b started in moot.
We all know thats where its gonna b next year. Dont blame fellow boaters who enjoy having a great party. Blame channel 4 for this.........
& st.clair county sherif. We all need to respect 1.. our lake. 2.each other.3...Have fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It really is ridiculous that they will probably close the island just because of one day a year. I don't necessarily think the island might be closed because the party got too big, but it got too much bad coverage. JN doesn't happen next to a church or school and people don't just find themselves on the island that day on accident surrounded by thousands of partiers. You've got to go to some pretty extraordinary measures to even get close to the party, let alone on the island. People at JN are there because they want to be there and I think it's a fairly well controlled party considering the amount of alcohol, the potential for fights, the anchoring and rafting chaos, and the lack of any police presence. I've heard of a couple of fights but haven't seen any at the 4 JN's in the past 2 years I've been to.

As for the moot, maybe if or when Gull closes, maybe we could start a drive to take it to Goose bay instead??

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Bill272 @ Jun 25 2003, 11:46 PM)As for the moot, maybe if or when Gull closes, maybe we could start a drive to take it to Goose bay instead??

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have been parking close to the turn around (public parking) on Harsen's Island. For you people who do not want to participate there is plenty of room... we know my system is not that loud do to the fact that when DJ Lou was out in the bay his system was much louder and clearer and there were no complaints sending joy and harmony throughout the bay.
My feelings will not be hurt if you and all your friends start a raft where you can live happily ever after.
This response is not in anyway meant to disrespect Lou in anyway. I can appreciate the time and effort he puts in to entertain the crowd.
So for all of you that are still getting yelled at by your wives (or husbands) for still trying to get close to the party, continue to tell them there is no other parking on the lake.
I luv you guys!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Zman, I like the music! I personally don't care for the over-talk.....and I'm not trying to insult you....Just my .02. By the way, your sound system carries much further than you are giving yourself credit for! I can hear it for a long distance.

As for the husband/wife thing.....there is no yelling here.....I could give a $hit what he's off doing cuz I'm out there having just as much fun (if not more
)! He knows where home-port is (& so do I) and that is what counts!

I think people are actually more worried about what their children will see or hear and they do tend to keep a good distance from you. If not, the 2nd time they will.

Party on!
Lisa

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Z-man, Lisa said exactly what I was trying to say.

The husband/wife thing doesn't enter into our situation, either. If we anchor in Muscamoot with the kids, we take turns walking the gauntlet while the kids play around the boat. If you're hogging the mike, spewing obsenities, we pull up anchor and go elsewhere (and both Bill and I lose).

Your sound system reaches all of Muscamoot (and beyond). I don't mind the music but the talk needs to be toned down. My kids know what their momma gave them, and they know some people show said items, but I can't bring myself to explain why you have to lick it before you stick it and that you like her face down, a$$ high. You could probably cut out 1 or 10 of the awwww sheeeiiiits, too.

The fact is, we CAN'T go anywhere else in Muscamoot and not hear you. Could you please not talk so much, and when you do, remember there are kids (and sometimes Grandparents) present.

~Christine

·
12,052 Posts
WOW! What a topic!!! Convincor your WAY OFF DUDE!!! Are you nuts with this suggestion? Sorry man, being honest. Rerun and Bill have said enough. I feel the same way. As a visitor of muscamoot with threecrabs for 15 years or more, we like it the way it is (or was).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts