Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have HBO and hate it! I dont watch the sopranos or sex in the city, but I figured when I ordered HBO I would at least get some decent, newer movies to watch.

They repeat the same stupid movies over and over or they show an old movie that I have seen numerous times.
Ex- last night they showed Dont tell mom the babysitter is dead, it was stupid back in the late 80's or early 90's what makes them think it will be good now?
What do you guys think? I am going to switch to another movie channel , just not sure what.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
My parents had HBO and Skinemax when I was a kid. It was the same way back then.

I currently only have all the Encore channels because they are free, but I don't like watching movies on those channels anyways because they all still only show FULL FRAME versions of movies.

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Sep 8 2003, 09:36 AM)I have HBO and hate it! I dont watch the sopranos or sex in the city, but I figured when I ordered HBO I would at least get some decent, newer movies to watch.

They repeat the same stupid movies over and over or they show an old movie that I have seen numerous times.
Ex- last night they showed Dont tell mom the babysitter is dead, it was stupid back in the late 80's or early 90's what makes them think it will be good now?
What do you guys think? I am going to switch to another movie channel , just not sure what.
We have a 10 foot satellite dish out back and we get HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz or however you spell it. And I find that my family watches Starz most often. They probably all show just about the same movies.. Look at your TV Guide to see what you think before ordering... Sorry I couldn't be of more help!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Sep 8 2003, 09:41 AM)My parents had HBO and Skinemax when I was a kid. It was the same way back then.

I currently only have all the Encore channels because they are free, but I don't like watching movies on those channels anyways because they all still only show FULL FRAME versions of movies.

I had those channels as a kid too. Now that I'm paying fof them I feel like I'm getting riped off

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Sep 8 2003, 10:43 AM)I had those channels as a kid too. Now that I'm paying fof them I feel like I'm getting riped off

I refuse to pay for any of those channels. I'd rather buy/rent DVDs.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Sep 8 2003, 09:44 AM)QUOTE(fit chick @ Sep 8 2003, 10:43 AM) I had those channels as a kid too. Now that I'm paying fof them I feel like I'm getting riped off

I refuse to pay for any of those channels. I'd rather buy/rent DVDs.
Kurt signed up for HBO without telling me. When I asked him why, ( in the 8 years being together we never had movie channels) he said he got a great package deal

Come to find out the deal was when you order HBO you get perfect 10 which is a "dirty" channel included in the package. Well that was awful too. I would have rather ordered playboy and be done with it! <_<

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I canceled all the pay channels and just order up pay per view. This board is much more entertaining then the pay channels.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Sep 8 2003, 10:12 AM)I canceled all the pay channels and just order up pay per view. This board is much more entertaining then the pay channels.

I wish i could do that but I dont have a home phone just a cell and you need a home phone to order the movies

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Sep 8 2003, 11:14 AM)QUOTE(Boater2be @ Sep 8 2003, 10:12 AM) I canceled all the pay channels and just order up pay per view. This board is much more entertaining then the pay channels.

I wish i could do that but I dont have a home phone just a cell and you need a home phone to order the movies

Not if you have a cable box. You can just order them right from the menu with the remote.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(fit chick @ Sep 8 2003, 11:20 AM)I have the dish network, you need a phone line running out of your house to order
Oh.

Nevermind.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Sep 8 2003, 11:18 AM)QUOTE(fit chick @ Sep 8 2003, 11:14 AM) QUOTE(Boater2be @ Sep 8 2003, 10:12 AM) I canceled all the pay channels and just order up pay per view. This board is much more entertaining then the pay channels.

Not if you have a cable box. You can just order them right from the menu with the remote.
Exactly, as long as you have a digital cable box.

At least in my area you need a digital box to order via the remote. different systeme different limitations.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I think the cost of a digital cable box is close to the same as a phone line???
Unless "he got a great package deal"
The cost goes up after the 'deal' ends anyway.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I only pay 11.95 a month for the dish network, which has all the channels except the HBO etc.... with the 5 channels of HBO its 11.00 dollars more a month, its a good deal, but mabye I'll just cancel movie channels all together and stick with renting DVD's.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
ALRIGHT! Enough about Deuce's great package!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts