Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is one of my favorites, kinda did it by memory, so its off a little

Nun: " let me get this straight, you don't believe in god because of Alice in wonderland"
Lokey: "no Through The Looking Glass, that poem, The Walrus and the Carpenter, that's an indictment of organized religion, the Walrus with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or with with his tusks, the Hindu elephant got Lord Genesha, that takes care of your eastern religions, now the carpenter, which is a obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenters son, he represents the western religions, now in the poem, what do they do, what to they do!, the dup all these oysters in the following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures in mass." , "no I don't know what that says to you, but to me is says, that following these faiths, based on mythological figures ensure the destruction of ones inner being, organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting out actions, by inhibiting our decisions, out of fear of some intangible parent figure, who shakes a finger at us shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and say do it, do it and ill f#$%ing spank you"

Nun: " I never looked at it that way, what have I been doing with my life?"

Lokey:" I know, I know"
Lokey:" heres what you do, you should take this money that your raising, and go buy your self a nice dress, clean yourself up a little, find some man, some woman to spend a moment with, cuz that's all life is sister, a series of moments"

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Quint- Here's to swimmin with bow legged women!

Quint- Gamin' fish eh? Marlin? Stingray? Bit through this piano wire? Don't you tell me my business again!

·
Registered
696 Posts
There are Soooooooo many, where to begin.

220, 221 whatever it takes

Was it over when the Germans bombed pearl harbor?

I'm saiiiiiiiiiiiling

But of we shoot all the golfers who will come here anymore?

And in the morning we'll have Waffles!

How much for the girls, you'r wife your daughters?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Guess the movie:

1. "We took a vote and we wanna watch the damn ball game."

2. "Im mad as hell, and Im not gonna take it anymore!"

3. "What we have here is faliure to communicate."

4. "it's..it's....peeeople"

5. "Im not [in] the business, I [am] the business."

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Bassneck @ Jun 25 2004, 10:14 AM)2. "Im mad as hell, and Im not gonna take it anymore!"
UHF

What's that "220, 221, whatever it takes" one? It sounds familiar.

·
Registered
696 Posts
4 Soylent Green

3 Rooster Cogburn

("220 221 whatever it takes" is from Mr Mom with Michael Keaton)

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Porta Party @ Jun 25 2004, 10:20 AM)("220 221 whatever it takes" is from Mr Mom with Michael Keaton)
I can't picture the scene for some reason.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Martin Mull (teri Garr's boss when she returns to work) arrives at the house to pick her up for work and Michael Keaton is working on a remodeling project. Martin asks him if he's installing a 220 outlet and he replies 220, 221, whatever it takes (abviously not knowing anything about electric)

·
Registered
696 Posts
Monty Python & the Holy Grail

WOMAN: Well, how did you become king then?

ARTHUR: The Lady of the Lake,... [angels sing] ...her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water signifying by Divine Providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. [singing stops] That is why I am your king!

DENNIS: Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

ARTHUR: Be quiet!

DENNIS: Well, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!

ARTHUR: Shut up!

DENNIS: I mean, if I went 'round saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

ARTHUR: Shut up, will you. Shut up!

DENNIS: Ah, now we see the violence inherent in the system.

ARTHUR: Shut up!

DENNIS: Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help! I'm being repressed!

ARTHUR: Bloody peasant!

DENNIS: Oh, what a give-away. Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about. Did you see him repressing me? You saw it, didn't you?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
"I could have been anything. I could have been a fisherman. Fishermen, they get up in the morning, they fish, they sell fish, they smell fish. Reminds me of a girl I used to go with, Yvonne. She smelled like fish."

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"the mississippi river broke through a protective dike today, what is a protective dike? is that a large woman standing by the river say "dont go in there" "but betty" ," dont go in there", "stay away from the river"...

"i hate our last name, why does it have to be Flugelbinder?"
"well son, years ago, a mans name was based on his profession, and flugelbinder means the person who puts those plastic ends on shoes laces:

" so what did john Hancock do?"

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Dgreif @ Jun 25 2004, 10:39 AM)"i hate our last name, why does it have to be Flugelbinder?"
"well son, years ago, a mans name was based on his profession, and flugelbinder means the person who puts those plastic ends on shoes laces:

" so what did john Hancock do?"
Repossessed.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Rick: Of all the gin joints in the world, she had to walk into mine. You know what I want to hear.
Sam: [lying] No, I don't.
Rick: You played it for her, you can play it for me!
Sam: [lying] Well, I don't think I can remember...
Rick: If she can stand it, I can! Play it!

Rick: Here's looking at you, kid

Movie: Casablanca

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
"Peter I see that you have been missing a lot of work lately."

"Well I wouldent say I've been missing it Bob."

also see signature.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
"do ya do drugs, danny?"
"everyday, sir."
"good."

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Cleavon Little: "scuze me while I wip this out"

Harvey Korman: "what are your qualifications?"
bad guy: "Rape, murder, arson and rape"
Harvey Korman: "Hey wait a minute. You said rape twice"
bad guy: "I like rape!"
Harvey Korman: "You'll do"

gene Wilder: "yooo hooo boys, look What I found"
Cleavon Little: "Hey where the white wimin at?"

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
WOW, no one said this one
"we had 2 bags of grass, 75 pellets of mescalin, 5 sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers, also a quart of tequila, quart of rum, case of beer, pint of raw eyther, and 2 dozen amyls,
not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can...."

1 - 20 of 28 Posts