Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we've discussed this before, but.... we're moving. Not far, only about a mile. Being old, fat, and lazy, I want to hire someone to move the furniture and such from the old house to the new. Any recommendations?

Also, moving time = housecleaning time, so we've got a couple of things to sell:

8 piece dining room set. Dark cherry. Table with two leaves, 4 side chairs, 2 arm chairs, two-piece china cabinet (lower unit with drawers, upper unit with glass doors and is lighted). Used exactly once in the past 6 years, maybe twice a year (Thanksgiving and Christmas) prior to that. Everything is in good-to-excellent condition. Looking to get $500 for the whole schmeer. Pickup only and bring some healthy friends - this stuff weighs a ton. Located in Macomb Township. I can e-mail pics and hope to get some online later this week. Contact Mike at [email protected] or cell at 586-292-5301

Also, my brother is selling his 1997 Honda Shadow 750. 3700 miles. Black on black with a leather handlebar bag. Used very little (he bought it and rode it one summer). Asking $3500, located in Canton, MI. He needs to sell it by Oct. 25. You can send inquires to the same e-mail address, and I'll forward them on to him.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
dockrocker I have the perfect person to hire for moving. his name is paul rinkie. I dont have his # with me right now, i will try to post it tomorrow for you. I have known paul for more than 30 years. he worked for palmer moving and a couple of other moving companys in his lifetime. he just does it on his own now. he can move anything from anywhere and pack a moving van tighter than a pair of spandix pants on anna nicole.I personally would use paul to move myself. one thing I will warn you about paul is he is the goofieist person you will probally ever meet. (I'm serious). He honest & dependable, & trustworthy, and probally does not carry insurance. Hope he can help you.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
We're going to need a dining room set when we move. Hmmm. <_< I don't know what my wife had in mind though.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We used Michigan Movers for our move. They were fantastic. I found them in the yahoo yellow pages and got a flat rate for the job. They were extremely fast and professional. I think if we would have paid hourly, they would have been slow.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not the best pics, but here goes:

Side chair - there are 4 of these. They are covered in a blue fabric, but I know it can be changed relatively easily, since my mom had them changed once already...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a look at the surface of the table; it has kind of a burled look. Obviously, the photographer is a dumbass, as you can see he took a picture of the lens cap. Good help is so hard to find...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The base of the china cabinet... the set is in our basement and the ceiling is too low to put the top of the cabinet on the base.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And the top section of the china cabinet. It has lighting (I think it is separate for each side of the cabinet) and adjustable glass shelves. I'm pretty sure the set is cherry but I could be wrong. What I do know is that the f'ing thing is built solid and weighs a TON! The set was originally my uncle's - he owned a restaurant back in the 70's and 80's, the Leather Bottle Inn in Garden City. Point is, he liked to buy expensive stuff and this dining room set is no different. It definitely has a large number of years left in it.

In any case, I tossed $500 out there for grins, but am willing to listen to any offers. We've got family that will take it for free, so something more than zilch would be good
I'd much prefer it to be gone before Nov. 7 and I can take more pics or show it to someone if there interested. E-mail mike (dot) starosciak (at) eds (dot) com or hit my cell at 586.292.5301

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Almost forgot - there are two leaves for the table. They can be used separately or together so that all the unwanted inlaws can eat at one time...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Oct 14 2003, 10:46 PM)We're going to need a dining room set when we move. Hmmm.
I don't know what my wife had in mind though.
A brand new one of my choice.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boss @ Oct 16 2003, 07:27 AM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Oct 14 2003, 10:46 PM) We're going to need a dining room set when we move. Hmmm.
I don't know what my wife had in mind though.
A brand new one of my choice.

Its a good thing we're made of money. <_<

1 - 20 of 22 Posts