Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've seen complaints about guys in bass boats in the past and the response is "don't paint with a broad brush", well okay,, luckily JOE WILSON has his name stenciled on the side of his boat, and you may think oh he buzzed through a bunch of boats drifting, or instead of giving way he punched it, the usualstuff, nope not JOE WILSON, actually I don't care how people drive or how they don't powerload onto the trailer, couldn't care less, I dont even care if you pass me 1/4 mile from the launch to get in front of me, when i'm idling because there is a backup, after all you have a $50K rig, so your time is prolly more important than mine, but JOE WILSON was all class today, at the crocker launch,
lucky for you I fished with my wife today, and we had an awesome trip, she recently got a new pole and she loved it, first time out, (lady endouver, it's even got some pink in the color scheme,
So we decide to call it a day a lil before noon, head for the crock-dnr , there is a lil bit of a backup no biggie I'm third in line, one guy clears now I'm second, and guess who shows up, JOE WILSON, now the wind is outa the east at this time so its pushing us all to shore, I, being considerate, stay back so people have room to manuever, maybe 50 ft, well apparently my boat turned invisible , briefly and JOE WILSON blows rt by me coasting, and says I didn't see yall, in his cute southern drawl, you can go ahead, I say okay, then immediately, JOE WILSON pulls up to drop off his fishing partner so he can get the trailer, well by the time it's my turn to pull up to a dock, guess what, JOE WILSON'S pardner is waiting with the trailer so the DNR guy directing traffic tells him to back his trailer in there, oh well, see it's not that all bass boat guys are jerks, it's prolly been this JOE WILSON guy the whole time giving you a bad name, but the good news is We had an awesome day, and even a super size tool box like JOE WILSON couldn't wreck that. E

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
i have had good luck at the dnr launch but some of the guys in bass boats are tools. i love how they power load right next to the no power loading sign. o well my days of messing with the jerks at the launch are all most over once i get my 25 footer done and at the slip i got! but i hate when they fly by me when i drifting. but thats not just bass boats its about 90% of the people on the water.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
Yeah it's not a bass boat thing, it's a Joe Wilson thing. And there's tons of Joe Wilsons out there. I may have been one of them I suspect. I'm used to fishing quiet, secluded water, and then I come here to learn how it's done on big water with tons of boats, and I'm sure I'd cut someone off, or did something uncouthe that PO'd someone, just because I was new to the lake and new to boat traffic. I'm sure I probably cut off a sailboat, or stepped ahead of my place in line at the ramp. I even powerloaded until Mini set me straight in a round about way. Now, no powerloading for me anywhere, and now I know how to handle myself around tons of traffic and at busy ramps. It was just my learning curve.

But yeah, chances are JOE was just a guy who thought he was more important than you. Did he have MC numbers or was he from out of state?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'm not sure about the numbers but when your JOE WILSON thats all you need on the side of your boat, LOL

In fact I heard a rumor that he doesn't even need poles ,he just pulls up to the hot spot and when the fish see that big JOE WILSON down the side of that sweet rig, they give up and jump rt into his livewell, so he doesn't have to get his hands slimy.

·
Premium Member
3,916 Posts
It was on his boat or on his engine cowling? I know alot of guys put their names on their cowlings, but wow, down the side of your boat. Maybe his name is Roger Jones or something and he's using "Joe Wilson" to deflect criticism like this. Joe Wilson sounds like a made up name. lol

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I don't know if this is the same guy, but there is a joe wilson from missouri on the bass pro /espn, prolly not the same guy but he has career earnings of $1,400. I actually don't care, but people like this have to be called out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
yeah there is lots of tools out there saturday morn took out my dad and his buddy fishing is the south channel in between 50 to 60 boats and this absoulute tool in a yellow and white donzi comes in between the seawall and all the boats 30 yards from shore wide open and then cuts through the middle of everyone like he used us as pylons in an obstacle course 5 to 10 feet from 5 or 6 boats ultimate tool

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I had a similar situation at the dnr launch on south river road last year. My fiance' and I were in my little 16 footer and were in the canal or river whatever it is leaving the launch and this guy in about a 30 foot boat comes up from behind and I guess decided I was going to slow in the no wake area and starts to come up on my right Which inevitably would have sent my little boat into the rocks but the the macomb sheriff in the marine watch post came across the loudspeaker and told the guy to either back off and let the little boat out first or he was going to send both of his deputies out after him. and needless to say the guy backed off until after we got out into open water. So it is not just the bass boat guys. it is people with the huge expensive boats trying to overrun the little guys too. I am always courteous on the water and would never think of flying by someone or cutting them off just to get my boat out of the water quicker. These are the same idiots who fly down the road and pass on the shoulder. Eventually all these boneheads get what is coming to them.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Either you need to drop the wife off to get the trailer and then you drive the boat on, or she drops you off to go get the trailer and she drives the boat on. The way Joe Wilson did it is the fastest, most efficient way to do it. Your wife needs to learn to back a trailer or run the boat. Sorry, but when you want to tie up and take a dock while you go get the trailer and then load the boat, that backs things up when it is busy.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
There are tons of losers and tools, some in bass boats too. But my bet is most of them aren't in bass boats, because bass boats only make up a small percentage of all boats on the water, and many of them are the most experienced people on the water. Sure, there's always a few but don't go knocking everyone who fishes from a bass boat. Some people are just jerks no matter what they're driving.

·
Registered
28,072 Posts
QUOTE(gldnrcher @ Jun 14 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I've seen complaints about guys in bass boats in the past and the response is "don't paint with a broad brush", well okay,, luckily JOE WILSON has his name stenciled on the side of his boat, and you may think oh he buzzed through a bunch of boats drifting, or instead of giving way he punched it, the usualstuff, nope not JOE WILSON, actually I don't care how people drive or how they don't powerload onto the trailer, couldn't care less, I dont even care if you pass me 1/4 mile from the launch to get in front of me, when i'm idling because there is a backup, after all you have a $50K rig, so your time is prolly more important than mine, but JOE WILSON was all class today, at the crocker launch,
lucky for you I fished with my wife today, and we had an awesome trip, she recently got a new pole and she loved it, first time out, (lady endouver, it's even got some pink in the color scheme,
So we decide to call it a day a lil before noon, head for the crock-dnr , there is a lil bit of a backup no biggie I'm third in line, one guy clears now I'm second, and guess who shows up, JOE WILSON, now the wind is outa the east at this time so its pushing us all to shore, I, being considerate, stay back so people have room to manuever, maybe 50 ft, well apparently my boat turned invisible , briefly and JOE WILSON blows rt by me coasting, and says I didn't see yall, in his cute southern drawl, you can go ahead, I say okay, then immediately, JOE WILSON pulls up to drop off his fishing partner so he can get the trailer, well by the time it's my turn to pull up to a dock, guess what, JOE WILSON'S pardner is waiting with the trailer so the DNR guy directing traffic tells him to back his trailer in there, oh well, see it's not that all bass boat guys are jerks, it's prolly been this JOE WILSON guy the whole time giving you a bad name, but the good news is We had an awesome day, and even a super size tool box like JOE WILSON couldn't wreck that. E

I've got to get a copy of that Dr Seuss book!
Sorry to hear about you meeting Joe Wilson, but watch out he has brothers and cousins everywhere.

·
Registered
152 Posts
QUOTE(gldnrcher @ Jun 14 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I've seen complaints about guys in bass boats in the past and the response is "don't paint with a broad brush", well okay,, luckily JOE WILSON has his name stenciled on the side of his boat, and you may think oh he buzzed through a bunch of boats drifting, or instead of giving way he punched it, the usualstuff, nope not JOE WILSON, actually I don't care how people drive or how they don't powerload onto the trailer, couldn't care less, I dont even care if you pass me 1/4 mile from the launch to get in front of me, when i'm idling because there is a backup, after all you have a $50K rig, so your time is prolly more important than mine, but JOE WILSON was all class today, at the crocker launch,

according to my boaters safety class trailers at the ramps make the lines not boats trying to come to the dock...

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(little guy @ Jun 14 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Either you need to drop the wife off to get the trailer and then you drive the boat on, or she drops you off to go get the trailer and she drives the boat on. The way Joe Wilson did it is the fastest, most efficient way to do it. Your wife needs to learn to back a trailer or run the boat. Sorry, but when you want to tie up and take a dock while you go get the trailer and then load the boat, that backs things up when it is busy.

I tie up and go get my truck no matter who I have with me. Its MY truck and I know how to back it up and how far to back it in. Your just gonna have to wait the 2 minutes it takes me to retrieve my truck and load MY boat. Many times I'm gone before others who were already at the dock still loading their boats.

My FIL always wondered how I can do it so fast and effortlessly. Its called being efficient and orderly with a set procedure.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
One of just a couple reasons I don't go on Lake St. Clair from Memorial to Labor Day. I'll just boat in the Flats, or stay home on our lake.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
QUOTE(esoxfly @ Jun 14 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah it's not a bass boat thing, it's a Joe Wilson thing. And there's tons of Joe Wilsons out there. I may have been one of them I suspect. I'm used to fishing quiet, secluded water, and then I come here to learn how it's done on big water with tons of boats, and I'm sure I'd cut someone off, or did something uncouthe that PO'd someone, just because I was new to the lake and new to boat traffic. I'm sure I probably cut off a sailboat, or stepped ahead of my place in line at the ramp. I even powerloaded until Mini set me straight in a round about way. Now, no powerloading for me anywhere, and now I know how to handle myself around tons of traffic and at busy ramps. It was just my learning curve.

But yeah, chances are JOE was just a guy who thought he was more important than you. Did he have MC numbers or was he from out of state?
HA! I had the big learning curve too. I didn't even notice the boat ramps at the DNR launches were painted red and green, you what I mean. Well, one day, a very busy day, I pulled into a red ramp to retrieve my boat and a guy informed me that I was doing the wrong thing. He wasn't yelling, just telling me in a very loud voice to endsure I understood what he was saying.

Anyway, now I know. I and haven't done it since.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
should have just said No Habla Englase. Would have atleast been fun to see the look on his face after you said it.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
what cheezes me off on friday afternoon at crocker launch some was charging there battery at the dock with jumper cables
then the next dock a guy was tied off waiting for a buddy to show up
then the other dock had parking cones there to block that one off. All it takes is a a couple of min. to put a battery charger on a battery!!!

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
It is nice to have the fishing hole to get our frustrations out. But I might be one of the people that tie the boat off and go get my truck. But I am still relatively new to the whole boating in lake st. clair thing. And yes it takes me about four or five minutes to get the trailer lined up and in the water. No matter how good I get at it though I will never and I mean never drive my boat onto my trailer. But if you do see me and I am doing something wrong I invite any and all of you to feel free to come over and give me some advice. I won't get pissed or anything. it will help me to learn the proper way so I can become more efficient at loading and unloading. i will be driving a burgundy ford bronco with a red and black boat attached that says recession proof across the nose and it also says lake st. clair.net across the windshield.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts