Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about taking my boat down to the fireworks in downtown Mt. Clemens this Friday.
Anyone know who I need to contact about using one of the public wells and about how much they charge???

Thanks,
Ggg

·
Registered
790 Posts
Below is an excerpt from the City of Mt. Clemens website

Harbormaster monitors VHF channel 68.

Reservations and Rates
Reservations
Due to extremely low water levels, reservations will not be taken until further notice. Docking will be on a first come first serve basis.

Rates
(All Prices are subject to change without notice)
VISA and MasterCard are accepted
Concert Nights

One Night Stay - $1.25 per foot - with or without utilities
Two Night Stay - $.75 per foot per night - with utilities
Two Night Stay - $.50 per foot per night - without utilities

All Other Nights

Two Night Stay - $.75 per foot per night - with utilities
Two Night Stay - $.50 per foot per night - without utilities

Rafting

When rafting is required all boats are charged the applicable rate above.

City of Mt. Clemens contact number 586 469-6818

·
Registered
612 Posts
You may want to call them cause my wife called last week and they told her there's no harbor master on duty this year and all the docks are FREE with electricity! Great deal if its true!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FYI:
I talked to the city clerks office.
All the docks in downtown Mt. Clemens are free to use. First come, first serve. She went on to say that the last she heard the utilities are still on and free to use also....

"end of transmission.....carry on.......
"

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what is the travel time from when you enter the river from the lake till you arrive at the City docks? I know it is a No Wake ride, so all boats should have about the same time. Right?

·
Registered
612 Posts
QUOTE(PyrateJim @ Jun 28 2004, 03:33 PM)Just out of curiosity, what is the travel time from when you enter the river from the lake till you arrive at the City docks? I know it is a No Wake ride, so all boats should have about the same time. Right?
I havn't done it yet but I measured it on Microsoft Streets. Its roughly 7.5 miles so at 5 mph that would make it 1.5 hrs one way.

·
Registered
612 Posts
QUOTE(edeenorog @ Jun 28 2004, 04:43 PM)Talking to NoCode he says it's about 50 minutes from the mouth of the river to downtown mt. clemens.
I've seen sailboats clip past going faster than 5 mph. Is it just no wake or is there a 5 mph speed limit? You would have to be going about 8 mph to make it in under an hour.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(Gus @ Jun 28 2004, 02:52 PM)at a "real" no wake speed it takes me about 1.5 hrs.

gus
Be carful! If you drive to fast people call the sherif and they just wait for you....

I'm told there is no limit if you don't have a wake.....
A hovercraft can fly down the river with no wake at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts