Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to Mt. Clemens tomorrow morning for their fireworks show and festival.. Can anyone tell me if there is still room on the boardwalk or if it's full.. Also would be nice to know if there is power and water available since I will be there until Saturday and I really don't want to run my genny for 2 days. The last time I was there they had power and water but that was 2 years ago.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
I drive by downtown Clem and the docks about 25x per week (driver ed). The docks are about 3/4 full, maybe more and have been for the past couple of days. If you are planning on reserving a spot, I'd put some pep in your step!

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Jun 24 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I drive by downtown Clem and the docks about 25x per week (driver ed). The docks are about 3/4 full, maybe more and have been for the past couple of days. If you are planning on reserving a spot, I'd put some pep in your step!I'm assuming that your talking about the docks past the last bridge that I can't get under.. I'm talking about the boardwalk along the park before the bridge.. Is that also close to full?

·
Registered
921 Posts
QUOTE(ColPepper @ Jun 24 2009, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Jun 24 2009, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I drive by downtown Clem and the docks about 25x per week (driver ed). The docks are about 3/4 full, maybe more and have been for the past couple of days. If you are planning on reserving a spot, I'd put some pep in your step!I'm assuming that your talking about the docks past the last bridge that I can't get under.. I'm talking about the boardwalk along the park before the bridge.. Is that also close to full?

It was empty Monday evening...

tg.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(troyguy @ Jun 24 2009, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It was empty Monday evening...

tg.

We're talking about Mount Clemens, the Clinton River docks between Avery and Crocker?

They werent empty Saturday! There were about 10 boats docked there then and its been growing ever since. When we drove by last night they were *just about* full, with a boat tieing off to the seawall and on the east side of the river.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Chriznat25 @ Jun 24 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(troyguy @ Jun 24 2009, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It was empty Monday evening...

tg.

We're talking about Mount Clemens, the Clinton River docks between Avery and Crocker?

They werent empty Saturday! There were about 10 boats docked there then and its been growing ever since. When we drove by last night they were *just about* full, with a boat tieing off to the seawall and on the east side of the river.

I think we are talking about both but I'm not sure where Avery is.. Mt Clemens has slips between Dickinson st and Crocker and they also have a Boardwalk with power and water before the Dickinson st bridge that allows you to get to those slips which has a clearance of 13 ft.. I can't get under that bridge because my flybridge is too high so I have to dock on the boardwalk before the Dickinson st bridge. The board walk is also behind the YMCA building along North River rd.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
QUOTE(ColPepper @ Jun 24 2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think we are talking about both but I'm not sure where Avery is.. Mt Clemens has slips between Dickinson st and Crocker and they also have a Boardwalk with power and water before the Dickinson st bridge that allows you to get to those slips which has a clearance of 13 ft.. I can't get under that bridge because my flybridge is too high so I have to dock on the boardwalk before the Dickinson st bridge. The board walk is also behind the YMCA building along North River rd.

Oh yeah, Dickinson is probably what I meant.

There was a boat or two at the YMCA board walk, if thats where you are talking about.

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
Your fine as of now. i was just there and there is only 1 boat, a pontoon, on the boardwalk as of 1/2 hr ago

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Shorgasm @ Jun 24 2009, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Your fine as of now. i was just there and there is only 1 boat, a pontoon, on the boardwalk as of 1/2 hr ago
Thanks Shorgasm, thats what I was hopeing for.. There would have to be a mass migration of boats today for that to full by tomorrow morning and I plan on getting up early tomorrow and heading that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts