Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its only the end of July and I finally got the Chris Craft in the water. The port engine went in today and with any luck I'll be lake testing tomorrowand in the Moot this weekend without having to be a boat weasel!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I see that she's floating, that's a good thing. Now how about the new raft? Has it arrived? Do Terry and I get to be the first raftgirlz to go out on its maiden voyage in the bay?

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Dave, I got mine in two weeks ago. New motor running superb!!!!

·
12,052 Posts
Great news.

Don't feel bad I've only been in for 3-1/2 months.

·
Registered
769 Posts
it could have been worse, could have been in the water already, then had a problem like mine. now it sits there and teases me.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Awsome news!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(miaphoto @ Jul 28 2004, 09:55 AM)Great!!! I finally get to see that your really do have a boat.
You doubted it? See how ya are? Lol..... that's ok...... I knew crazy Douggie for 3 years before I believed he actually had a Cigarette.

No new raft yet..... keeping my fingers crossed that it'll make it by Saturday. Leslie, of course you can be part of the maiden voyage. Terry won't be out this weekend... she's working and Ed's fishing..... so you might be going solo. That is unless I can find more female riders..............

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'm in the same "boat". I just took mine out on Sunday for the first time this year! Like they said, at least the weather hasn't been all that great. Let's just hope summer continues well into september!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All I can say is TG I have so many good friends that are boaters. Thanks to them I haven't missed a weekend in the Moot due to a lack of a ride!!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lake testing didn't happen today. The fuel system still needs to be hooked up. Getting closer though.... hopefully tomorrow. The goal is still to be in the Moot on Saturday!!!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Jul 28 2004, 08:32 AM)Dave, I got mine in two weeks ago. New motor running superb!!!!
ya did a damn fine job today, capt!
good clean ship yar broughten! argh! yer a good poppa to that engine, capt, a good clean fine one... to be sure...arrrrrrrrgh.

shiver me timbers

damn time fer another drink o mead, eh? arrrrgh!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Jul 28 2004, 07:32 AM)Dave, I got mine in two weeks ago. New motor running superb!!!!
I thought I'd beat you in!!! I passed the news of your satisfaction along to Dave today.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(RaftguywithJager @ Jul 28 2004, 11:38 PM)QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Jul 28 2004, 07:32 AM) Dave, I got mine in two weeks ago.
I thought I'd beat you in!!! I passed the news of your satisfaction along to Dave today.
yeah, well, we're easy like that. it was no news of satisfactioon to dave cause we'd already been there. he was before you!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thursday update: major snag.... lotsa water in the gas. We got it all filtered out but it took a looooong time. Lake testing was put off till tomorrow. The good news is that both of the new engines are running well. I have a good friend in Vegas that I keep telling I'm going to come and visit or fly her here to visit as soon as this project is complete, so I have been taking and sending pics of the progress. She can't believe boats can be so much work...... lol!!! Anyway, the water spewing out of both sides is my proof that the thing runs. All this and a new raft..... Holy heatwave Batman..... summer is here????

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let's see pix of my new ride!!!
If you need my raft this weekend you or mike can grab mine off the boat. It's inflated.......Be gentle with my baby!!!!!
Good thing I love ya, wouldn't let just anyone use my fav floatation device!!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts